• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Summa S2 Class 160T OPOS Camera keeps stopping

Hello there,

Any time I am trying to plot large jobs (Usually under 200" long) whenever the OPOS cam reads the registration marks, sometimes it will work all the way around, and sometimes the camera stops halfway through, especially when the plot is sitting directly right on top of the registration mark.

Does anyone have any idea why it keeps doing this? It is very frustrating, having to roll back to the start and try again. Sometimes I would spend at least half an hour to an hour for it to read all of the registration marks.

Thank you in advance.

MJDallas

Make sure Your USB ports are not set to power down/energy saver. I can’t remember the name, but this was a problem on our Summa S2T160... in the middle of jobs, it would just stop. I went into the power settings and made sure the computer couldn’t shut them off to save power.

Hi there, the issue is now resolved.
Thank you for those who responded!
I tried recalibrating the sensor and it did not work. The power saving method did not work either but I did turn off the USB power saving in case.

As it turns out it was the USB driver that was outdated. I had someone from the IT department come over to take a look at the USB settings, he deleted the USB port drivers, reinstalled it and everything's working as it should be.

I hope this will help someone out if they're experiencing a similar issue. :)