• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Summa S2 T160 Not closing cuts properly

Manning

Premium Subscriber
Good morning... I could use a little direction. (this happens with printed, printed/laminated, & reg. vinyl)
A) I have a new S2 T10, As you can see in the pictures the knife looks to be over cutting in one direction and not cutting enough in the other direction.
Origin-0, Lateral-0, Longitudinal-0, overcutt-0.0, Paneling-off, Panel Size 20.0, Sorting Vectors-Start, Long Vectors-Auto.
B) How do I stop the cutter from JERKING the roll of vinyl when it needs to feed forward?(Tired of unrolling several feet before I press cut)

Attachments

• 20201025_113305.jpg
    20201025_113305.jpg
    763.5 KB · Views: 340
  • 20201025_113350.jpg
    20201025_113350.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 235
  • 20201025_113205.jpg
    20201025_113205.jpg
    746 KB · Views: 270

balstestrat

Problem Solver
It looks like you have the wrong settings for the knife. Did you change the normal knife to something else? Did you input the correct values for that?

B) Slow it down so it's not moving too fast. It still needs that vinyl so... Either it unrolls it in the beginning (Auto load I think) or unrolls during the job.

Manning

Premium Subscriber
It looks like you have the wrong settings for the knife. Did you change the normal knife to something else? Did you input the correct values for that?

B) Slow it down so it's not moving too fast. It still needs that vinyl so... Either it unrolls it in the beginning (Auto load I think) or unrolls during the job.
The knife and settings were handled by the installer. I might've changed something trying to to fix it, But I haven't removed the knife.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Well if it's so new why not ask the installer to fix it for you. Easy peasy.
But anyways those knife settings look wrong. The manual or the installer guy can explain to you what is correct and how to change it.

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Good morning,

I would double check your knife depth first(knife should be protruding just beyond the ball bearings on the nose piece) and your pressure setting. For most laminated vinyl your pressure should be around 100-150 grams or so with the correct knife depth. When you have your knife depth set correctly and pressure is in the correct range I would run a test cut to ensure the test cut square weeds cleanly and try sending your job again. You can also run one of the internal cuts, like the confidence cut for example, to ensure you have all the correct settings and that will help rule out the software as the possible cause of the cut quality issues. If the test cut and confidence cut come out clean and you are still having cut quality issues then the software is most likely causing the problem usually by overriding the settings you have programmed in on the cutter.

If you just purchased this cutter whichever dealer you purchased it from should be able to walk you through this process again, provided they understand how to use the cutter themselves. We(Airmark) offer extended support plans and you could get one of those if you wanted to do some troubleshooting and I am sure our techs can figure out the cause of the problem with you.

Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext 112
philj@airmark.com

Saturn

Aging Member
I'd start by looking at the blade depth and integrity as other folks mentioned. If it's too far extended or if the blade tip got nicked off (which is unfortunately easiest to do when troubleshooting) you can get all sorts of issues, and you'll be chasing your tail since it's a factor you can't fix without a new blade.

I'm not sure what type of blade (angle) you're using, but I use the 45 degree blade and almost always have an origin somewhere in the 0-40 (positive), and the lateral and longitudinal 0-4 in the positive or negative. Also, I would set the overcut to 0.1mm which I believe is the default and does make things easier once everything else is in order.

For what you're doing I wouldn't have the speed at more than 16in or 400mm per second.