• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa S2 t160 Problem

frojasferrari

Im having a little problem while flexcuting:
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

I dont know why is this happening, printing on HP L260, using caldera s2 postnet and paneling to the size of the design.

The first row is perfect, but then the cut goes way out where it should be....

any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_5294.jpg
    IMG_5294.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 1,078
  • IMG_5293.jpg
    IMG_5293.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 936
  • IMG_5295.jpg
    IMG_5295.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 976

TomK

I'm also having tracking problems with a new S2T cutter and Flexi Cloud.

The first 8 to 12 inches are fine, I go beyond that and it cuts down and to the right for my flex cuts, the longer the job, the further off the cut is.

Working with Flexi and Summa to try and find the root cause, so far, no luck.

Tom

Snydo

What materials are you using? I cut a lot of 10mil textured lam on our S2T and I've found for best results I have to print on 30" media, if you go any wider you'll find that the media likes to buckle between the pinch rollers and this typically causes skewing as it feeds back and forth.

TomK

What materials are you using? I cut a lot of 10mil textured lam on our S2T and I've found for best results I have to print on 30" media, if you go any wider you'll find that the media likes to buckle between the pinch rollers and this typically causes skewing as it feeds back and forth.

I'm using only 30", various media types, all same problem.

Tom

jerry369

what material, how much pressure and the segment size are you actually using? Is the vectors sorting enabled? If yes, which kind of sorting?

frojasferrari

Just tried the pen trick, got the same results.

I think it might be something with the cutter settings, Im printing with the s2 postnet on caldera, it gives me the marks and the opos xy lines, when i just send the job to the cutter with the "single with marks" option is a little better, when I use the "Automatic Repeat" option, it seem the cutter goes off and cut wherever it wants.
When doing kiss cutting theres no problem with alignment, then i tried to flexcut and everything goes to hell.

I dont know what else to do, I´m in chile, and the guys who sold the machine to us don't know much more than what we know.

:frustrated:

Printing on Avery 3001, sorting vector enabled on "Directional"

I have absolutely no idea whats wrong.... help

AF

Assuming the media is not impacting other parts of the machine (media rollers for example), then you should slow the flex cut speed WAY down to a fraction of the kiss cut speed. Also, change the media feed rate in the maintenance menu to something much slower than default so that if the machine does the random cut routine it isn't moving the media too quickly which can cause it to slip in the pinch rollers.

Regarding the shape you are flex cutting, Summa recommends only flex cutting on the 0-90 axis rather than the angles and curves you are trying to do. This could be the primary contributing factor to the issue you are having (slippery material and angled flex cuts).

frojasferrari

I´ve done flexcutting in the past, with really good results.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Using the same material, the same way of laminating, the same everything, and somehow now its doing some crazy stuff cutting way out where it should be cutting.
Gonna try again to see if the "specialized technicians" here can give me a hand with it.

If anyone knows how to set up everything correctly or what can I do to fix the problem I´m all ears, we´ve learned everything we know from how to ensamble the machine to how to run it with caldera by ourself, no help at all from the "specialized technicians" from the dealer of the machine.

Attachments

• IMG_4879.jpg
    IMG_4879.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 919
  • IMG_4571.jpg
    IMG_4571.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 881
  • IMG_4568.jpg
    IMG_4568.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 886
  • IMG_3278.jpg
    IMG_3278.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 863
  • IMG_3466.jpg
    IMG_3466.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 861

jerry369

"Using the same material, the same way of laminating, the same everything, and somehow now its doing some crazy stuff cutting way out where it should be cutting"

Yes, but the shapes are different. Print the shapes with the reg marks on the shorter side of the shapes you are cutting, increase the number of reg marks, try to place to marks in correspondence of the spaces between the lines and enable the OPOS Paneling option ( set On (4 marks) if you are using the latest firmware ). This will minimize the movements along X axes.

AF

The gold feed rollers can get clogged with backing paper. Cleaning them can help. Also make sure the outer pinch rollers are not set to light pressure.