• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa S2T 160 Erratic Feeding

datoshway

Ever since new my Summa S2T 160 is overfeeding the matierial. It checks to see how much material is on the roll . It goes way past what it needs, then checks it again halfway though the job. Causing it sometimes to go slightly off. I've dealt with it for an about a year but now I'm really getting tired of it. Anyone got any info?

I'm using Summas MacSign and I have media movement set to restricted. There is not many options other then that to choose from.

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Is the feeding happening in the middle of a cut job, or does it happen when you first load the material? If it happens when you first load your material, I would just turn autoload off(you can do this in cutter control) and it won't feed out the material when it is booting. If it's happening mid job, I would check to see if you have OPOS paneling turned on and turn that off unless you plan on cutting over a really long distance.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext. 112
philj@airmark.com

datoshway

Is the feeding happening in the middle of a cut job, or does it happen when you first load the material? If it happens when you first load your material, I would just turn autoload off(you can do this in cutter control) and it won't feed out the material when it is booting. If it's happening mid job, I would check to see if you have OPOS paneling turned on and turn that off unless you plan on cutting over a really long distance.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext. 112
philj@airmark.com
Thanks Phil! I will check these settings in the morning and check back!