• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa S2T140 Die Cut Problem

AdWrap

Hi to everyone! I'm trying to do die cut sticker (flex cut) using summa s2t for cutting but I have a problem with cuts. All the time the cutter will cut half of the stickers and will move to other, cut half, then come back to finish the first one. The cuts are not clean at all, I would like to set up the cutter to cut each sticker to the end and not move back and forth. Can someone help me with this problem, I tried different softwares (Onyx, Winplot) but had no luck.

What I'm doing wrong?

Attachments

• photo_2023-10-18_15-50-23.jpg
    photo_2023-10-18_15-50-23.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 152
  • photo_2023-10-18_15-50-24 (2).jpg
    photo_2023-10-18_15-50-24 (2).jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 109
  • photo_2023-10-18_15-50-24.jpg
    photo_2023-10-18_15-50-24.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 97

FrankW

This is intentional to avoid that the stickers fall off prematurely, and cant be switched off. Your problems are looking like that the knife is not optimal set.

Saturn

Aging Member
Yeah, that sounds like Sorting Vectors may be on—Or the RIP is doing more of the thinking than it should, like sorting cut paths. If there's an option to set something at the cutter, or the RIP, it's usually preferable to do it on the cutter.

The only time I set Sorting Vector to something other than OFF is when I'm doing square cornered rectangles.

You don't specifically mention that you're using FlexCut, but I'm not a fan of it for simple sticker material like this anyway. 1-3 overlapping "regular" cuts do a great job for me. Flexcut doesn't typically look as nice as a regular cut, when setup correctly.

Still could be an issue with your depth and pressure as well. You've probably already done it, but a quick peek at the manual regarding setting up a new blade is never a bad thing.

AdWrap

I have changed the blade and I see some improvements, also I found out that when I'm sending the file from onyx cut server, will not read the setting from cutter (i setup in rip to read the pressure and speed from cutter)cuts are not that clean, after i press settings - cut pressure(not changing any parameters) - apply - go back . After i do this steps will cut very clean but its very strange and inconvenient to do all the time all this steps.

Saturn

Aging Member
You might try Summa Cutter Control from Summa, instead of the Onyx cut server.

If you have the RIP set to NOT override the cutter, you should be good, so there must be soemthing else that's missing. A lot of us spend all day using Onyx to print barcoded jobs and then cut them automatically on our Summa's.

In your third photo (I'm still not sure if you're using FlexCut or not) it looks like the blade is picking up and coming down in place I wouldn't expect it to. You might make sure your cut path is free of any extra points/nodes too. I usually try and go out of my way to make each cut one long continuous path, free of even sharp corners. Everything is rounded and simplified when possible.