• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa S75

floater302

Need help from summa experts here...is there a setting to turn off the tangenral part of the cutter? why i ask is when im cutting phototex when it starts a new cut on sharp corners it isnt cutting the fabric all the way in that spot.

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Good afternoon,

I know what you are describing and I have cut a fair amount of this material. I wouldn't recommend changing from tangential to drag knife mode in this case. What I would recommend is to increase your overcut slightly so that the blade extends a bit further in the corners which should eliminate some of the "strings" you are getting in the corners. I would maybe start with 0.2mm and work up from there. Once you have it set correctly you can store that profile, or user configuration, in Summa cutter control so that those settings are stored for the next time you need to cut this material.

Feel free to email me at philj@summa.us if you have any questions regarding this process and I would be happy to help.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Summa Inc.

floater302

Good afternoon,

I know what you are describing and I have cut a fair amount of this material. I wouldn't recommend changing from tangential to drag knife mode in this case. What I would recommend is to increase your overcut slightly so that the blade extends a bit further in the corners which should eliminate some of the "strings" you are getting in the corners. I would maybe start with 0.2mm and work up from there. Once you have it set correctly you can store that profile, or user configuration, in Summa cutter control so that those settings are stored for the next time you need to cut this material.

Feel free to email me at philj@summa.us if you have any questions regarding this process and I would be happy to help.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Summa Inc.

Thats a good idea, I never even thought about doing that, Thanks alot.