• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Summa setup flex cut

Dale D

Were using Flexi to send to our Summa S2 T160 Opos. For 5 yrs, the old owner never used the flex cut options and always used contour cut then cut decals separate by hand. I was trying to set up Flex Cut but it seems to be all or nothing based off of if Flex Cut is on or off on the machine.
For a demo......From Flexi, I was hoping to be able to send a contour cut then add a Flex Cut outside of that to make separation easier using Perf Cut Contour programed to be a Flex Cut on the same job without turning off/on this feature on the machine.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Add two different named contours to your file. Then when you are going to cut the file check the tools in Flexi and change the other cutline to Flexcut tool.
Now it will process the tool (kiss cut) then the 2nd tool (flex) right after that. That's it.

There's supposed to be a name that it will auto recognise as a second/different tool but I can't remember the naming scheme.

Dale D

As a test......I added contour cut in flexi with grey cut contour in dropdown menu. then go back and add another contour cut but changing the contour cut dropdown to Perf cut contour. Send it to Cut/Plot. In Driver options I changed the PerfCut from drag knife to FllexCut Accurate. Then turned on the feature on the machine. As long as machine has feature on, it cuts Summa FlexCut.

Im trying to show my steps to help make sure Im understanding this right.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
As a default you don't have to touch anything in the cutter, no need to enable or disable flexcut. I think you are forcing the cutter to cut everything as flexcut when you change the cutter settings.
It's enough to enable it in Flexi and the cutter will do it as flexcut. If you think you have something messed up now you can restore factory settings to your summa.

But it sounds like you are doing the Flexi part correctly.

Dale D

I tried it with exact same settings in flexi, 2 different cuts ( 1 with contour cut, 1 with PerfCut Contour)
If Flexcut on the machine off. Then everything cuts regular contour cut
If Flexcut on the machine is on. Then everything cuts as FlexCut

Im not sure where Im messing up.

Dale D

I have "Send all colors" enabled in flexi and changed the tool in driver options so Cutcontour from drag knife to Flex Cut Accurate and set up pressure settings.. (Even though its a Tangential blade)

Dale D

SO, if I have it turned off on the machine, no matter what I do, I cant get Flexi to send it as a Flex cut at all. Using Flexi 19 Subscription

balstestrat

Problem Solver
If you have it like this as I think you do and you can't get it working, try to factory reset the cutter. You just have to re-set the pressure, speeds and IP if you use ethernet. Also set them for FlexCut as well.

6543.png

Dale D

Screenshots..

Attachments

• cut plot.jpg
    cut plot.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 297
  • cut plot 2.jpg
    cut plot 2.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 323
  • cut plot 3.jpg
    cut plot 3.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 334

balstestrat

Problem Solver
What's that additional black contour? Remove that. Other than that it seems good to me. You can also try with Flexcut Fast.
By the way Flexcut is meant more for straight lines, not contours.

Dale D

I have not figured out why flexi keeps adding the extra color. Other than it sees the color of the object. I can not remove it, just turn to turn it off from cutting.
I just drew 2 circles, 1 smaller and 1 larger, both with no fill with black stroke circle.
And yes, once again, it cuts regular cut contour. UGh.

Dale D

I just had Sai on the phone and on teamviewer. He couldnt even get it to work. We looked at PM and all the settings (kisscut) from flexi sent to PM correctly showing Perf Cut etc. He said he will research it more and talk to a few of their developers to find a fix. I also mentioned (which I hope they do) is add Perf Cut to the dropdown menu in design central along side of contour, rectangle, and elipse to make it easier to use without having to keep changing the color from Contour to PerfCutContour.
Now the wait :(

Dale D

OK, Sai and I finally found the issue. There is a setting on the plotter, under communication, that was set to ignore. It had to be switched to accept to accept Flexis cut settings.

Thank you for your help.