• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa Software?

dro289

Hi everyone,

Looking to replace my Graphtec with a Summa, however I'm not sure what to use for software. Currently we have Flexi, Mutoh Edition which only allows to cut with Graphtec. Currently we cut basic cut decals, and occasioanlly contour cut what we print on the Mutoh. I am swapping machines due to the inaccuracies and frustrations we are getting with the Graphtec to recognize the registration marks. I've used Flexi for 5 years, so it is all I know really. That being said, what options do I have if I grab the Summa? We print and cut directly from Flexi Mutoh, and the only solution with them is the $2800 upgrade fee to allow to use other plotters, or $50 a month for eternity as a subscription. Thanks in advance for any insight.

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Hi everyone,

Looking to replace my Graphtec with a Summa, however I'm not sure what to use for software. Currently we have Flexi, Mutoh Edition which only allows to cut with Graphtec. Currently we cut basic cut decals, and occasioanlly contour cut what we print on the Mutoh. I am swapping machines due to the inaccuracies and frustrations we are getting with the Graphtec to recognize the registration marks. I've used Flexi for 5 years, so it is all I know really. That being said, what options do I have if I grab the Summa? We print and cut directly from Flexi Mutoh, and the only solution with them is the $2800 upgrade fee to allow to use other plotters, or $50 a month for eternity as a subscription. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Good afternoon,

Do you have any other design programs like CorelDraw or Adobe Illustrator? I would maybe look at getting one of those and using the Winplot software that comes with the plotter. If you end up purchasing the Summa plotter from us(Airmark) we include free training which includes software installation and integration so whichever route you go software wise we would be able to help get everything working the way you like.

Feel free to contact me by phone at (800)527-7778, ext 112 or by email at philj@airmark.com if you would like to pick my brain on the different options and I would be happy to go over everything with you and point you in the right direction.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Sales Manager
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext 112
philj@airmark.com

fusiondesignuk

With a summa you get winplot, you can open illustrator files and do contour cutting and there’s a plugin for Corel and illustrator. free from
Summa site

CarNate69

We have a version of Flexi Pro Cloud for sale if you're interested. We are flexi users too, but decided we can manage with only 1 Flexisign Pro version. We have been in touch with Flexi and know how to transfer the license, which is a forever license. Message me if you're interested in it. We can help with the Summa cutting as well.