• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa ST160 Class T Series cutting off-2 machines

This week I noticed one of my summas is cutting about 1/4' off on 1 side of a 54" sheet. So today I decide to use y other machine. Same exact machine and it cutting off the exact same.. I'm sending to winplot from Illustrator CC and the computer is wireless to the network. Has anyone seen this? 1 design is a rectangle and it dropped 1/4" from about 12" from the end of the cut

Need more info and a picture would be nice.
It is supposed to cut on the edge of the color... 10 decals on the sheet and all are perfect except the last 10" on the left side of machine.
I have tried it on both my summas and with 2 different computers..

Attachments

• IMG_0987.jpg
    IMG_0987.jpg
    401.9 KB · Views: 368
  • IMG_0988.jpg
    IMG_0988.jpg
    444 KB · Views: 366

AF

It looks like bowing on the printed image. You may be able to compensate for the bowing in your rip. You should set the Summa to force OposXY if so equipped so the cutter will look for bowing as well.

May not have anything to do with your issue, but on both of my Summas I’ve had the OPOS sensor arm get knocked out of place, causing them to be off. If you look at the cutter head, there is a little arm on the bottom front that swings down. If there is a lot of play back and forth in the Y direction, it’s out of place.

FrankW

May not have anything to do with your issue, but on both of my Summas I’ve had the OPOS sensor arm get knocked out of place, causing them to be off. If you look at the cutter head, there is a little arm on the bottom front that swings down. If there is a lot of play back and forth in the Y direction, it’s out of place.

This can happen with SummaCuts only, not with S-Classes.

About the issue itself:

Do an OPOS-Calibration. Set a sheet of black vinyl into the plotter and point on the OPOS-Calibration Button in the OPOS-Submenu. The plotter will cut a rectangle. Weed it and point enter.