• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa Support Question

BaBaboey31

I have an older D610 Pro, and have been trying to send the following to their support page, but can't get it to go thru? Can anyone answer the following...thanks in advance.

I have an older D610 Pro. Have been having issues getting my sign program (Flexi) to see it after the installation of windows 8. I can do a test cut, but that is it. I'm confused looking at the current firmware for my machine. Can you send me the link to the correct firmware, and software to download. Wasn't sure if my machine is considered a "summacut, S2 & class D, or S2 and T series", etc.

FYI, I also tried d/l the cut program from Summa to use, but was unable to do anything but a test cut with it also.​

FrankW

The plotter itself would be compatible with Windows 8, as long as you have a compatible interface card (mostly RS232C) and a compatible Flexi (Flexi 11 works with Windows 8). The connectivity to the operating systems do not depend on the firmware version.

If you mean you can do a test cut, does that mean directly started from the plotter menu, or from the software? If you can send a test cut from the software, everything is correctly configured. If not, the connection to the cutter fails.

If you want to upgrade your firmware, it depends of if your plotter have an USB-Connector or not: without USB-Connector, use the "SummaSign Firmware, MD9955, Revision 26", with USB-Connector, use "SummaSign SL Firmware, MD9970, Revision 36":

http://www.summa.be/html_en/support/downloads.php?productline=2

You need to download Summa Cutter Tools too and install Summa Cutter Control to upload the firmware. But, of course, this needs an established connection to the plotter too.

Have you ever used this plotter before, or is ist currently bought? If you need further help, I would suggest to tell us how you have tried to connect the cutter.