• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Summa T Series S2 160

VI Dom

Hi Guys!

I'm having some issues with my Summa.

We have a few products that have always cut fine however lately they have been constantly goiing out.
The cutter is clean it's length calibrations are fine.

The only thing i've noticed is that we set it to a lower speed for more accuracy press go and suddenly it's back to 700ms ???

Any one got and idead how to stop this?

TIA
Dom

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
There’s a few options in the software/on the cutter that might be doing that. You can choose if you want the cutter to take the settings from the cut server, or the summa. We just have a bunch of presets on the summa and tell it to ignore the cut server.

Speed is probably the likely culprit if it’s really detailed work

AF

I find it best to not have the software override the cutter. I have it best to set the pressure (and to a lesser extent) the speed when loading a new roll. This avoids any surprises due to tool wear and media variations.

FrankW

If a software overwrites your cutter settings, and you have no idea to avoid that, you could set the cutter to „ignore tool commands“ in the communication menu. But this could lead to other trouble.

VI Dom

There’s a few options in the software/on the cutter that might be doing that. You can choose if you want the cutter to take the settings from the cut server, or the summa. We just have a bunch of presets on the summa and tell it to ignore the cut server.

Speed is probably the likely culprit if it’s really detailed work

Thank you for the reply, do you have an example of these settings so i could take a look at ours?

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Hi Dom,

If you are using MacSign to send your cut files to your Summa it does have an option to override the cut parameters. I believe you can set the values to "0" to use the device values, but I could be wrong on that. You could enter in the same cutting speed(tool speed) and cutting force(tool force) manually on the plot screen in MacSign and then the cutter should cut everything out with the same quality as your test cuts. I have attached a screen capture of what that looks like in MacSign so you can give it a shot if you would like.

Please feel free to email me at philj@airmark.com if you have any issues and I will do my best to help out.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext 112
philj@airmark.com

Attachments

• MACSIGN.pdf
    99.3 KB · Views: 209