Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Summa T Series S2 160

Discussion in 'Summa' started by VI Dom, Aug 2, 2019.

Tags:
  1. VI Dom

VI Dom New Member

May 8, 2019
    UK
    Hi Guys!

I'm having some issues with my Summa.

We have a few products that have always cut fine however lately they have been constantly goiing out.
    The cutter is clean it's length calibrations are fine.

The only thing i've noticed is that we set it to a lower speed for more accuracy press go and suddenly it's back to 700ms ???

Any one got and idead how to stop this?

TIA
    Dom

Tags:
  2. iPrintStuff

iPrintStuff Prints stuff

Sep 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    There’s a few options in the software/on the cutter that might be doing that. You can choose if you want the cutter to take the settings from the cut server, or the summa. We just have a bunch of presets on the summa and tell it to ignore the cut server.

Speed is probably the likely culprit if it’s really detailed work

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. PHILJOHNSON

PHILJOHNSON Sales Manager

Jul 23, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Hello Dom,

What cutting software are you using to drive your Summa cutter?

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
    Airmark Corporation
    (800)527-7778, ext 112
    philj@airmark.com

4. AF

AF Active Member

Dec 8, 2013
    Ventura, CA
    I find it best to not have the software override the cutter. I have it best to set the pressure (and to a lesser extent) the speed when loading a new roll. This avoids any surprises due to tool wear and media variations.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. FrankW

FrankW Very Active Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Germany
    If a software overwrites your cutter settings, and you have no idea to avoid that, you could set the cutter to „ignore tool commands“ in the communication menu. But this could lead to other trouble.

6. VI Dom

VI Dom New Member

May 8, 2019
    UK

Thank you for the reply, do you have an example of these settings so i could take a look at ours?

7. VI Dom

VI Dom New Member

May 8, 2019
    UK

Hi Phil,

We use Macsign for just cutting and every thing printed is through Caldera.

8. jerry369

jerry369 Member

Nov 4, 2015
    Europe
    Probably in the Cut panel of Plot dialog box, you set the cut velocity of the job. Use "Defalt settings" in the velocity popup menu.

9. PHILJOHNSON

PHILJOHNSON Sales Manager

Jul 23, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Hi Dom,

If you are using MacSign to send your cut files to your Summa it does have an option to override the cut parameters. I believe you can set the values to "0" to use the device values, but I could be wrong on that. You could enter in the same cutting speed(tool speed) and cutting force(tool force) manually on the plot screen in MacSign and then the cutter should cut everything out with the same quality as your test cuts. I have attached a screen capture of what that looks like in MacSign so you can give it a shot if you would like.

Please feel free to email me at philj@airmark.com if you have any issues and I will do my best to help out.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
    Airmark Corporation
    (800)527-7778, ext 112
    philj@airmark.com

Attached Files: