• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa Take up Add-on

Graphic Extremes

Knows To Little
Anyone who is using a Summa cutter, how many are using the take up reel on their cutter, how well does it work, any problems with using it. Thinking of getting it finally,

bigben

I'm planning to change my cutter too and the take-up is in my list. I've never found a real user feedback tho.

Graphic Extremes

Knows To Little
I have a Summa OPOS cutter and it is the best cutter I have had so far. I didn't get the take up real when I bought it and I am looking at adding it now. It looks fairly easy to install, Just wondering how it works and if it is worth the money

Last edited:

tulsagraphics

I added the take up reel a few years after I purchased the S2 T160. I tried it a few times... seemed to work fine... but it ended up being more situational than I expected... so I rarely use it. Why? Because it "mostly" requires that you send multiple jobs simultaneously -- unless you plan on burning up a leader of say... 1.5-2ft. Otherwise it's gonna get yanked off the reel when the weed lines are cut.
That being said... if you're running longer jobs or have the machine in a high production environment, then you will probably see more benefit from it. Hope that helps!

FrankW

I like it. I have a few customers with it, and it is unbeatable when using for example OPOS BARCODE or panelling. One time I was at a customers site for doing software support, and in the same room a S140T has processed complete vinyl rolls contour cutting without any user invention.

It is a little bit difficult to set the vinyl because it needs to be guided from the front to behind the back roll, but it is manageable.

tulsagraphics

I like it. I have a few customers with it, and it is unbeatable when using for example OPOS BARCODE or panelling. One time I was at a customers site for doing software support, and in the same room a S140T has processed complete vinyl rolls contour cutting without any user invention.

It is a little bit difficult to set the vinyl because it needs to be guided from the front to behind the back roll, but it is manageable.
Yep, it is finicky to get started. I would use the take up more often if the design was more user friendly.