• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa Winplot - Preview a job with multiple copies before sending

TassaDarK

Hi! I have some questions about Winplot so maybe you can help me. Thank you in advance and sorry my english because it's not my native language.

Any of you know if there is any way to show a 'job preview' when you set multiple copies in Winplot just before sending the job to the machine?

In Flexi for example you can see a preview to verify the placement of each sign in the width of the vinyl so you can see how many signs fits and if it's better rotate it vertically or not, etc...

Does Winplot have this functionality?

I know I can press the 'obtain width' white button and then manually place multiples copies of the sign but if I do so I lost the weeding box feature (because the box is for the entire job) and of course is slower to place the signs one by one.

On the other hand, I discovered if you select and sign and press shift key + arrow you create a mirror copy of the sign in the side of the arrow you pressed. Do you know a similar shortcut but to create a exact copy at the right at same height so you don't have to manually place it? (ctrl+c/ctrl+v create a copy but places it almost randomly).

I know I'm asking too much for a free and simple software but I'm not the person who are gonna to use it and I want to find ways to simplify this as much as possible for him.

Thank you!

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Good afternoon,

I just wanted to let you know that Winplot does not have the functionality that you described above. There are other cutting programs, like CoCut Professional for example, that do have a sort with simulation function so you can not only dictate the order/direction of the cuts but simulate it as well so you can see exactly how everything will be cut out. I would maybe download a trial of CoCut Professional at www.cocut.com and see what you think. Feel free to email me at philj@airmark.com if you want to pick my brain at all on the different options.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext 112
philj@airmark.com