• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summacut D160R - When loading, unrolls whole roll

MikeyG

Hi there
Got a new SummaCut D160R.
When loading media on it, it feeds the entire roll through the machine, then scrolls it all back again. (This could be a 30m roll of vinyl!)

Is there any way to stop the whole length of the roll from being fed through?

Thanks!

MikeD

There may be a problem with the media sensors; front &/or back. Try turning them off and see if the problem persists. It sounds like the back sensor is searching for the end of a "sheet."
Good Luck!
Miked

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Hi MikeyG,

One thing you might try is to disconnect the cutter from the computer and retry the autoload process. Sometimes there may be data that your computer is still trying to send to the cutter that may be causing it to feed further than normal. If the problem persists when the cutter isn't connected to the computer then I would try doing a factory reset to clear any corrupted data that might be causing these issues.

Please don't hesitate to contact Summa technical support at (800)323-9766 if you need a hand troubleshooting this issue further.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Summa Inc.

d fleming

Might be totally useless but on my graphtec when I load material among the options is rear set or front set. Front set will go to end of roll and back, rear set loads normally.

FatCat

Hi MikeyG,

Please don't hesitate to contact Summa technical support at (800)323-9766 if you need a hand troubleshooting this issue further.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Summa Inc.

And this folks, is why I'll never buy another brand of cutter than Summa. :rock-n-roll: