• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summacut freakout: hardware or software?

uranium

I'm a newbie who's done a lot of lurking here. Just set up my first plotter, a Summacut D60 with Signcut Pro. As you can see, the plotter started to lose its preciseness a bit just before going completely mad and ruining the job. I'm hoping the photo holds a clue to what's really happening here. Does this look like a static electricity problem, a Signcut glitch? Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 95

ChicagoGraphics

I had that happened to me years ago on a different cutter but if I recall it had something to do in the settings, like border box something like that. Maybe check your settings and see if there isin't some box that shouldn't be checked.

uranium

No boxes, I checked that out. Just text. The line you see is the glitch. Blade suddenly pulled across and then cut a big line back through the entire job. Just before the glitch, the cuts became a little...off, then POW!

uranium

Yeah, went carefully through all those steps when I set up the machine initially. It's only happened on panels with lots of text, so I started wondering about static buildup or somehow overloading the cutter's tiny brain with vector info.

S'N'S

I notice a line between each letter, have you selected a speed weed feature, if so try cutting without using it.

sinetist

Are the letter shapes grouped? I've noticed SignCutPro often doesn't respond well to things in groups. Try ungrouping everything if they're grouped.