• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summer Solstice

Si Allen

Tomorrow is the Summer Solstice! The official start of Summer.

Is there a special way of celebrating?

I was wondering if it was like Festivus … where you needed an aluminum pole, or something.

I would hate to be the only one celebrating all wrong.

BobM

Si is just celebrating early. Maybe a nice hat made of aluminum foil fashioned to focus the sun's rays to the brain?

Marlene

I have wanted to go to New Hampshire to America's Stonehedge to watch all the people dressed odd throw corn or something around. I was on top of Mt. Philo a few years back and we watched a bunch of people dance around a little pyramid throwing corn at it. it was odd but kind of fun to watch

andy

Tomorrow is the Summer Solstice! The official start of Summer.

Is there a special way of celebrating?

I was wondering if it was like Festivus … where you needed an aluminum pole, or something.

I would hate to be the only one celebrating all wrong.

Be up before dawn and watch the sun come up.

Solstice's don't mark ANYTHING in the Roman calendar.... Summer, June, July, August... these are all Roman concepts and the Druid religion is much, much older than even the Romans.

The summer solstice doesn't mark the start of summer... it marks the longest day. The Winter solstice marks the shortest day... technically this is the solstice you would celebrate if you wished to celebrate the coming of summer.

Stonehenge is neolithic.... people have been worshiping the sun and the solstice periods for thousands of years. Far from being a "stupid" hippy thing the solstice is a serious religious festival for people such as the Druids.

At stonehenge Druids dressed in White robes will watch the sun rise between the stone columns.... it's a spooky sight given that something similar has happened on the same sight for thousands of years.