Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sun Chemical UV vs. others

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by RycckG, Dec 4, 2010.

1. RycckG

RycckG Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Hello, we print withSun Lo Odor on a Gandi 3150 UV on paper. Problem is it is hard to get the inks dry since the substrate is porous, resulting in residual odor... Question is: does anyone have experience with different ink manufacturers that may offer a product that dries easier or quicker?
    Thanks in Advance...

Tags:
  2. Typestries

Typestries Very Active Member

Jan 8, 2007
    NJ | VT
    Hey there

Well, I wish I could tell you we have had good results with sun. Besides odor, head and filter clogging were a real issue. We switched to nazdar LWU7400 and have been very pleased. It does smell a bit like a pumpkin, but its nothing like the sun ink and no more clogging. PM me and I can put you in touch directly with the ink chemist that developed the ink and he can help address questions relating to your specific application.

3. RycckG

RycckG Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Thanks Rick.. I sent you an email. Are you using the LWU7400 series in Spectra SM heads? Gandi printer?