• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sunburst Wood

ballparkgraphics

I am looking for a sunburst wood gradient like the Les Paul guitars feature. I'm just needing this to use as a fill for some skins. Any help on where to find this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

luggnut

do you have or use photoshop? if you do it would be easy to make in PS. get a istock or some other pic of the wood you want to use and then make new layers for each color of the burst and change their blend modes to overlay, multiply or some other , which ever one gets the effect you are looking for.

luggnut

Just use layers .. layer 1 is the wood or wood grain. layer 2 fill with golden yellow and change blend mode (i think i would use multiply?) this will let the underlying layer (wood grain) show thru the yellow like a candy color. layer 3 i would paint in red/orange around the edges and set multiply (try the other modes if you need a different effect) then layer 4 would be blak/drk brown around the edge of the orange and set to multiply. should get you there or really close.