• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SunChemical Inks

Paper&co

Hi everybody!

Does anybody had used SunChemical Inks in a Roland printer??

The representative of my area told me that this company who manufactured the ink for Roland until recently, but, terminate the contract, have decided to launch a new brand compatible with all Roland plotters. Improved formula and low price (115 € / original Ecosolmax cartridge. VS 30 € / cartridge from Sun Chemical)

We have changed the ink and the colorimetry eye is good, although I find that yellow has little force. Green and orange look a bit washed. On the other hand smells a lot to solvent, more than the other compatible inks we had proved. Very quickly drying.

The decision to change or not ink is not mine, now is already done, but I'm the one who manipulates the machinery, so I would like to know what I will face if any of you can give me the advance.

If not, then I will be who, in a few months, can recommend you or not these inks.

Greetings!

Jack Knight1979

I was told Fuji made/makes the inks for Roland. Sun Chemical is a heavy hitter, but I hadn't heard they made ink for Roland. I'm sure that there is someone here in "the know".

Paper&co

Thank you, Jack. We will wait for someone else with some knowledge on this subject. I am printing now, murals photographs (that means 100% coverage of ink on vinyl) and I am almost dizzy from the smell .... open windows and forced ventilation but still smelling so hard.

Jack Knight1979

I use Solaris inks for my Rolands and love it! Print just as good if not better than OEM, but they stink. I vent my machines.

I built a curtain around the substrate similar to Mimaki and vent with fans. I also have some carbon air scrubbers.

Paper&co

Thank you both. I've been painting a few days with these inks and truth is that the color is wonderful, very intense. The smell .... Well, Jack and I also confirmed that smell .... I copy your idea of ​​ventilation, it is now summer and I have my shop open wide, but in winter will install a ventilation system.
The first days smelled a lot because there were still remnants of flush in the circuit, now is a bit softer, but still annoying.
I confirm that the scratch resistance is very good, and the ink glows brightly. Later I'll upload a photo.
One more thing: I noticed that the vinyl does not soften when this newly printed, which did with the original inks, so I think it really is soft carrying solvent. Stinky but soft! :doh:

Jack Knight1979

All my substrate are soft after printing. Maybe you don't have enough ink going down on your profile.

What over all ink output do you use on your banner profile?