• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Super Bowl Commercials

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
My favorite so far is the Dorito's commercial with the pug charging at the guy behind the glass door waving a chip. The woman says "Don't hurt my dog." The pug leaps up and knocks the door off its hinges and crashes it down on top of the guy. Totally on the money when it comes to pugs!

Si Allen

So far it seems like a bunch of commercials with some football added!

Also ... did they rewrite the National Anthem? At least Roseanne got the words correct! Or ... is it now a R&B tune?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I say the pug wins! The new Motorola Pad was an interesting take on the old Macintosh commercial and Orwell's 1984. The Mini Cooper Countryman a less than subtle double entendre.

Malkin

You do realize that Budweiser is the best selling beer in the world, don't you?

Proof that marketing is more effective than quality of product.

On the other hand, recently they have been losing market share to the craft brewers....

Steve C.

All were pretty forgettable. Some seamed a little creepy. The lady putting her
kid in a pet cage.??? I don't know if that was supposed to be funny.

Mosh

My fav is Ozzy and Justin Beibiuer. All in all I think it was a down year for good commercials, but a GREAT game. Well unless you are a Stealer's fan....

SignosaurusRex

I have to agree with Fred on this one for the Dorito's commercial. The Go Daddy commercials were certainly the most attention getting at the party I was at. I enjoyed the one with Roseanne meeting the log but I can't tell you what the hell it was for (was it a candy bar ad?) so I guess it was a FAIL. Bud and Coke both sucked the pipe as far as I was concerned and the rest seemed to be for soon to be released movies. All in all......a disappointment!
Game not included. Whoohoo GREEN BAY!!!

iSign

My favorite so far is the Dorito's commercial with the pug charging at the guy behind the glass door waving a chip. The woman says "Don't hurt my dog." The pug leaps up and knocks the door off its hinges and crashes it down on top of the guy. Totally on the money when it comes to pugs!

Thought of you as soon as I saw it!
And it was the best, or top 3 for sure!

Mainframe

I think Agulara should write the National anthem on the chalkboard 10 times!, I like the kid with the vader costume on.

Last edited:

threads1

I liked a couple of the Bud Light commercials. I hate it when someone butchers the National Anthem. The half time show was the worst. I mean really, is that what America wants to see. I almost puked.

OP...sorry man...I really thought the Steelers would pull it off in the last 2 minutes.

Jillbeans

I liked the one for the Beetle.
(the VW Beetle)
Missed the pug one because my nuttier than a squirrel turd sister kept calling me.
Glad I also missed Snagullera but wished I had missed Fergie as well.
Love.....Jill

dsi

Their advertising paid dividends whatever they sold. All the ads have featured on Australian TV too, as part of the story of the superbowl. The advertisiers get a free plug here, just for advertising there. They are laughing all the way to the bank.

With a $3m 30 sec commercial reaching 100mil viewers, its costing them 3c for each viewer to see their advert, plus they get the rest of the world to see the ads for free via youtube or the news telecasts.

I'm in the wrong game!