• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Superbowl Co-Branding Commercials

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
GE and Budweiser (plausible)
Chevrolet, Big Boy and Twinkies (This was the most unusual combination. I don't think I've ever seen a stand-alone Superbowl Twinkies ad...ever!)

Looks like cost sharing might be the wave of the future.

Did anybody happen to notice any others?

JB

Last edited:

Techman

sleepiest most un memorable set of ads I ever saw on the Superbowl Sunday.

The only one I recall is clint Eastwood with is we are in the second half speech.

tsgstl

Interstate Brands (Hostess) is in a very bad spot right now. I know because they have been one of my best clients for 13+ years. Not sure if it has anything to do with it or not but it's nice to think so. So for my families sake and all of their employees.... Please go eat a damn Twinkie or two

Locals Find!

Interstate Brands (Hostess) is in a very bad spot right now. I know because they have been one of my best clients for 13+ years. Not sure if it has anything to do with it or not but it's nice to think so. So for my families sake and all of their employees.... Please go eat a damn Twinkie or two

I heard they were filing bankruptcy again for the second time in 8 years.

signswi

sleepiest most un memorable set of ads I ever saw on the Superbowl Sunday.

The only one I recall is clint Eastwood with is we are in the second half speech.

The Eastwood commercial amused me as it both featured the Madison protests (yay) and predicted the fall of America by declaring a half-time.

Plus he sounded like Batman.

Billct2

Yea, the cobranding was noticeable. Are these brands connected in any way, or is stictly and advertsing gimmick? Like in the movies, does Cheevy go to various snack companies and go with the highest bidder?

tsgstl

I heard they were filing bankruptcy again for the second time in 8 years.

Yes, the last time had a lot to do with the Adkins Diet fad (it was listed again this time on the notices) believe it or not and it didn't really effect anything as far as we are concerned. This time we have lost a couple good contacts and they have been emailing us to make sure we are getting paid.

signswi

Yea, the cobranding was noticeable. Are these brands connected in any way, or is stictly and advertsing gimmick? Like in the movies, does Cheevy go to various snack companies and go with the highest bidder?

Pretty much, yes. Sometimes they're connected by a parent company, more usually by a shared marketing agency, quite often it's simply opportunity. It's a way for the primary brand to subsidize the ad and for the secondary brand to get eyeballs for cheap. Plus it's also a way for both brands to reach the same market in the targeting areas they overlap, which builds awareness for both and reinforces consumer perception of the brand position.

wildside

at 3.5 million an ad, ya gotta do something

it was the worst set of ads ever i think, its the year of the car commercial

best add to me was the kia - and CRUE:rock-n-roll:

the only one i actually laughed out loud was the chevy one when the guy said he didn't make it cause he drove a ford:thumb:

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator

I think the twinkies were in there because of the myth that twinkies never go bad- they could survive an apocalypse. Not sure about why there was a big boy with the flaming burger

sar bossier

the only one i actually laughed out loud was the chevy one when the guy said he didn't make it cause he drove a ford:thumb:

This is the one with the Twinkie (aka the only food that will survive the apocalypse) ... My fav was the tag-on to last years Darth Vader Kid - Laughed my a$$ off!

10sacer

My favorite was the end of the Madonna commercial to promote her new album. Lip synching should be against the law.