• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Supplier for SVG Formatting

GhostPrinting

Who vendor do you use that can take complex graphic that I am unable to create a vector file out of so that I can scale them to 5 foot and beyond sizes for banners and posters? Thanks in advance!

JBurton

Signtologist
So, you have an SVG and you want it in a different format? A quick and dirty method is to right click the file, open in chrome, then print a pdf of it.

GhostPrinting

So, you have an SVG and you want it in a different format? A quick and dirty method is to right click the file, open in chrome, then print a pdf of it.
No I have PNG's and JPEGs that I need to scale. Looking for the SVG format so I can scale them without distortion.

gnubler

WildWestDesigns

Have to keep in mind, SVGs are a web centric vector format (hence why it's all just text and easily read, edited etc in a text editor if so inclined) and with things like color profiling, embedding etc may be something that needs to be considered.

Also, it has been in my experience, now this is with older versions as well, Adobe (and Corel, at least the versions that I have) don't really do well with these formats. Export them sure and read them (however, if an already created SVG file is brought into Ai and saved again within Ai, excess markup is lost (which can be important) while other programs centered around those files (like say Inkscape, will just ignore and save everything))), but that's really it. No extras etc. And I mention this, because even if something is able to be done that you want to be done, depending on the program used, it may not work.