• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Suppliers for acrylic and plastic formed letters

Blackhawk11

Hello All - I have been using Gemini for my acrylic laser cut letters and formed plastic letters. I have used Gemini 4 times this year. They have made a mistake on every single one of these orders that has cost me time and money or delayed the installation. Until this year, I have only bought from them twice before. 4 mistakes in a row is just too much. What other dependable vendors are out there for these types of letters?

Thanks

jfiscus

Rap Master
We bought a CNC router and now make our own letters. You never know everything you can make with one until you have one, we're still finding cool things every week.

Pewter0000

Graphic Design | Production
We've never had an error with our Gemini orders. However, we do outsource a few jobs to a local fella with a CNC, depending on the project.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Been using Gemini for decades and don't really remember any problems other than a mess up with colors one time. The letters came from two locations and the two painters didn't match properly. They made ALL the letters over again from one location, painted them and never asked for anything in return. They even ate the freight and red labeled it. It took them 2 days to do it and it was about 45pcs. 24" letters.

Johnny Best

www.steelartco.com

I just had Gemini fabricate [HASHTAG]#450[/HASHTAG] 2.5" metal letters and they send a .pdf proof before they start production. I found a small discrepancy and they fix it and everything was resolved. Gemini has checks and balances throughout and have never had a problem with an order. Their prices are good also.

unclebun

To the OP, did you buy the letters directly from Gemini as a registered dealer, or did you get them from one of the innumerable websites that make themselves look like "official Gemini distributors" or some such? I've been using Gemini letters since forever (over 25 years), and find it hard to believe that you would have that much trouble with them that many times.

Blackhawk11

I am a registered dealer with Gemini and I purchased directly from them. Sounds like most people have had good success with Gemini. I always check the proofs and order acknowledgements thoroughly. They corrected all the problems quickly, but it still cost me time and energy. My 1st order was for some laser cut acrylic letters which were painted the wrong color (white instead of red). 2nd order was for some cast metal letters where they sent the wrong standoffs. 3rd order was for a laser cut acrylic logo where my customer specified an exact PMS color code for the paint. The paint was at least 2 shades off. 4th order was for 48" tall x 1" thick acrylic letters where their crate had fallen apart in shipment and one of the letters was damaged, plus they sent the wrong studs. As I mentioned, they corrected everything without question, but it takes my time to deal with it, installation gets delayed and customers get perturbed. Everyone makes mistakes, I for sure do, but 4 orders in a row is a little out of hand.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So, did they compensate you money-wise ?? Have you made notes and kept a good paper trail and send this stuff back to them and ask them how to fix their problems ??

You've actually experienced more problems than I think anyone has ever had in a lifetime. Sorry to hear that.