• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suppliers make me angry

CanuckSigns

I can not laugh hard enough or long enough for this, it is just funny.

Customers will tell you anything .... rule #1 to suit there own needs.

Another reason I enjoy hand lettering using my learned skills with my hands enjoying this craft.

Example ..Today I paid a friend $50 to drive me to a job 4 miles away... Drew, painted, by hand, out of pocket costs, small rollers & a needed quart ... of paint of the 3 colors used up & 2' x 50' of removable vinyl, 6 hrs later on the way home with a full days pay.

Next week will be same. no worries about how much inventory or suppler or if the machine is working or not or a customer freaking out cause some crazy print thing, whatever hassle, art work, problem.

Just skill, Brushes & paint.... Can put it in a back pack, ride my bicycle, create a full day's pay.

You paid someone $50 to drive you 4 miles?!?! Sounds like your friend made the most profit that day!

Bly

Ok, the customer has come back and shown me an invoice.

The invoice wasn't from my supplier, its through their biggest competitor.

Same price that I buy my media form, plus the invoice states "sample of carbon fibre vinyl"

The invoice doesn't mention exactly how much carbon he is getting or if its cast car wrap of cheap china stuff.

But he did get the vinyl at the price he mentioned which is exactly the same as what i paid last week for a roll.

Who's the supplier, mate?

Xcesiv

dont want to mention the suppliers.

If they lied to the suppliers saying they are some new sign shop, they need better staff. if they havnt heard of them before then why discount.

I think i just need to get my self a discount on all future orders/