• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Supply Ink Cart

LanceWest

I need to figure out if there is a way to switch the supply ink cart in a mimaki cjv150-75.

We had issues getting the second (right) black ink cart out a little while back and I guess damaged a chip inside. It stopped reading that there was an ink cart there. I need to switch the supply cart to the first (left) cart so I can print.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
When you break that sensor in the cartridge holder, it flags the cartridge as empty. Once a cartridge is flagged as empty, it will be forever no matter which slot you put it in. You need to get new chip for that cartridge for it to read properly in the other slot or just get a new cartridge to get up and running. The sensor you broke and be purchased here.

Last edited:

LanceWest

When you break that sensor in the cartridge holder, it flags the cartridge as empty. Once a cartridge is flagged as empty, it will be forever no matter which slot you put it in. You need to get new chip for that cartridge for it to read properly in the other slot or just get a new cartridge to get up and running. The sensor you broke and be purchased here.

Well it didn't quite work that way. The sensor read it as empty but it continued to pull from that cartridge. So while I couldn't keeps tabs on the level of that cart it sucked it dry. i swapped the other cart to that slot, then put a fresh one in the empty slot (Good sensor) and it prints just fine again. I have made contact about ordering the new sensor.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Well it didn't quite work that way. The sensor read it as empty but it continued to pull from that cartridge. So while I couldn't keeps tabs on the level of that cart it sucked it dry. i swapped the other cart to that slot, then put a fresh one in the empty slot (Good sensor) and it prints just fine again. I have made contact about ordering the new sensor.

If your machine continued to pull from a cartridge it read as empty, something else is wrong with your machine. The firmware prohibits that.

hand851

Roland Mutoh & Mimaki inks digiprint-parts.com
There is a little micro switch in the back of the ink bay. It needs replaced, I agree with solvent inkjet replace both sensors they come wired together. Someone plugged a cartridge in upside down.