• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SureColor 70600 - RIP Info?

BryStick

Has anybody heard what RIP Epson will be including for the 8/10 color SureColor S70600 that was announced last month? Will they even be including one at all? Epson is slow at getting any info up on the U.S. site and I haven't seen mention of it elsewhere, unlike the 30600 (30670) which they indicate that it comes with an Onyx made RIP.

Rooster

It's an upgrade for the regular Onyx RIP for the 8/10 color versions.

It will run CMYK out of the box, but if you want white/orange/gray/silver it requires an extra upgrade to the rip according to the japanese translation of epson's .jp site.

sydpos

bucket of?

hi

we are considering purchasing an epson s50600 or maybe the slower s30600 (30670 in US I think?) or hp L25600.

please could any members elaborate over why these machines could be painful?

the s70600 sounds like it would print beautiful prints (10 color gamut).

while discussing white option on the s50600 or s30600 sales rep suggested unless you are going to use white often not to buy it as it could increase your costs (for white ink $2000 pa)... also both reps I spoke with in oz quoted prices with different rips... one caldera & the other ergosoft

thanks
adrianjt