• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

surecolor s30670 cyan

fozzie

Have a surecolor s30670.

our cyan 1 head has started to not print.

started yesterday with intermittent ink dropout. now basically wont print at all.

1. have done several heavy duty head cleaning.

2. cleaned bottom of printhead and wipers

3. will do wash tomorrow when wash cartridge is in.

4. after one head cleaning all nozzles fired in nozzle check, then dropped off immediatley (see jpg)

not in warranty so epson told us to pound sand.

any thoughts?

thanks in advance

Attachments

• cyan dropout 2.jpg
    cyan dropout 2.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 235
  • cyan dropout.jpg
    cyan dropout.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 220

a77

What's criminal is that Epson won't help you. Even without warranty, I would say they owe you a new head.
Doesn't matter that I'm still under warranty I have to explain my problems to them every time to have them act surprised. Truth is.. this is a known problem especially with C1.

I have a new head since about 2 months ago, and the tech told me that they did make a change to it. I will say that it does seem better. Every single morning I come in with 100% nozzle tests. Cyan and blues in prints are less bandy, I am much happier now.

Before this last head change I had exactly your problem... can be intermittent. You need a new head in my opinion. I had to limp along with that for a few weeks but this is what I did.
Cleaning just C1 didn't help. Cleaning C1 and C2 seemed to wake it up. If, after a clean, you can get a good nozzle test print, then go and print immediately.

After your print is done, you'll do another nozzle test and it will be very likely that C1 is disappearing again. Try the cleans again (c1/c2) and then go. Worked for me. I know it's not a permanent solution but it might get you through.

Good luck.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Take a damper and a cap top and call me in the morning. If you were able to run a cleaning and the nozzle check looked good for a second but then dropped out, you most likely need a new damper and/or there is another cause of air getting into that channel. Check the ink cartridge to make sure there is actually ink in there. I have noticed ink cartridges not tripping the sensor lately. The cyan is on the outside edge of the head which would point towards a bad cap top as well. If you change those 2 items and still have issues, you might have a bad print head but judging by your pictures it is unlikely.

a77

I stand corrected.

Great to see from the other thread the VanderJ was able to solve your problem. Also good to see there is hope after I'm out of warranty.

Been scary for me as everytime there is a problem, Epson will send out new head and damper assembly (on 3rd set right now).

fozzie

update

ok...so here is the update on our s30670.

finally got through the tech support levels and got a straight answer from epson (dont understand why we werent told this the first time we called 2 weeks ago) on the cyan problem.

epson admits it has a known problem with the cyan ink cartridge that can cause the issue. if you are using a cyan cartridge with a use by date before 20170909 (sept 9 2017) that can mess up your ink flow and cause damage. we were.

called them yesterday, apprarently talked to the right tech, and right now we have a tech on-site with parts fixing the machine on epson's dime.

i will give epson credit for owning up to the problem and fixing it. not sure why these cartridges werent recalled, etc.

will update on what fix was (dampers, new head, etc) when tech leaves.

carpersign

happened to me

I have an identical problem, I am about a month out of warranty.
They are sending a tech out to fix it, no charge.
Whole phone call only took about 5 minutes, seems they know about the problem.
Very pleased with the way they are handling it.

Mechanic

Hi, before all, I'll introduce myself. My name is Ignacio Campero (Friends call me Nacho) :).
I have the same plotter since 2 years now and i've experienced the same problem several times.
We check everything, printhead, dampers, ink pump assy, holder ink cartridge assy, etc,

The problem (in my case) was in the damper selector unit. So, for those who have the Epson's Technical Utility software, you have to decompress the dampers, and make an initial ink charge all over again...
This has been my solution every time that this issue appears.

I've established a friendship with the technician that visited me in my warranty times and we tried everything. This was the only step that was able to fix (temporary) the problem.

Eventually, Epson send me, what they called, a modified damper selector unit. The only phisical difference is that it have the word HI written with a blue sharpie in the metal plate that contains the ink tubes.

Hoping to be useful. If anyone needs the Epson technical software i'll be glad to share it, just tell me how to.

Cheers

chaney101

Software

Mechanic, Can you get in contact with me regarding the software. I think its the servpro.exe ? Cchaney101 @gmail. .com. thank you. I feel as though I am a little more advanced than my tech and would be comfortable with me doing it. Thanks again

BlueSpot

ok...so here is the update on our s30670.
epson admits it has a known problem with the cyan ink cartridge that can cause the issue. if you are using a cyan cartridge with a use by date before 20170909 (sept 9 2017) that can mess up your ink flow and cause damage. we were.

Hi fozzie.

Do you have it in writing from Epson that they have problems with the cyan ink ?

I have the same problem you had and my warranty has expired.
When I contacted Epson support they denied any problems with the cyan ink.

Epson support:
"We have not registered this as a known error in our systems. On internet you can find everything, this does not necessarily mean that it is correct.
The printer is out of warranty, so you must pay for the service."

chaney101

GSX Ink s70670 or s50670

I have some brand new never opened and that doesn't work for me is 30670. I attached a picture with the pricing is less than half if any of you are interested? Can ship Fedex ASAP if your low and need it now. 20151211_144206.jpg

chaney101

dates

Silver 9.2015 has the blue dot from Epson so its good
White 8.2016
L Cyan 01.2018
Black 11.2016
Cleaning x2 09.2016

paulica

Hey there,

I don't know if this is of interest, but indeed it is the cyan ink with the issue. On the "improved" cyan it said new formulation so dealers know exactly what they are selling :) .

In my case, Cyan 2 has a lot of missing nozzles. The circumstances of the situation were that I wasn not smart enough to ask for another head.

I had a friend that swapped to alternative ink, and he managed to unclogg most of them. Epson ink is too "thick" for all temperature/humidity environments.

Also, there are some firmware issues, 1 color might totally dissapear, and just by turning off and on the machine it will reappear.

I'm sure this is a good machine, but for us it is just too sensitive.