• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Surecolor S30670 M2 not printing

Get Lucky

I am having a problem with the M2 on the Nozzle check is not working. The pain is that half way through the print job it just stops. It seems as though it only happens when you print out about 30-35ft. If you only print short runs say like 10 or 20 feet and then let it sit for a couple hours you never notice it. My guess is that it is getting hot and failing.

Has anyone else had this problem.

77eurobus

We have exactly the same issue. They are replacing the head and such this week.
We are on the last 6 months of the extended warranty period. We have needed 3 heads so far in 18 months. I keep doing a medium clean to get it back. It seems Epson keeps having issues with ink formulation. Being out of warranty soon is worrisome.

Snydo

If your under warranty call Epson and you'll get a new head. If not, call Epson and start saving up about $2800 plus $175/hour travel expenses.

mdjamesd

Call Epson and ask if they've been having problems with the Magenta Ink formulation. On our first S30, when Epson was having issues with the Black ink, only the B2 head would die, not the B1. Call and push the issue until you get answers. How out of warranty are you?

Get Lucky

I will have to start saving my pennies.

I had a head replaced under warranty in August of last year because of the Black and Cyan "repackage" as Epson calls it. When they replaced that one it took two print heads before they had one that worked correctly. When I talked to them on Friday they told me Magenta was not on the list and to just to flush the head, it will correct the problem. Waiting on ink to do that. The printer ran out of warranty in Nov 14.

It really pisses me off because I'm a fairly new company and I don't have the capital to be replacing parts on printer that is only a year and half old. That was the reason I bought a new one. I was hoping that I would get at lest a couple years out of printer before it went to heck.

I will more than likely never buy another Epson printer. I also have an R3000 that the head keeps getting air in it because the sensor for the ink in cartridge will not read correctly. Every time that happens I can kiss $150 worth of ink down the drain because you have purge the whole systems to get it running again.

Well my rant is over.

Kyle

On a side not, when talking to the tec at Epson he stated for the people that are having this problem they are lucky to get 6" of print before the color fail. So they know they have a problem but will not do anything to help.

Kathi Hauser

Sign Girl
I had this happen on a MUTOH 1614 last week...pretty similar printer.
I ended up ordering him a head...fixed the problem.
He changed the dampers, maintenance station, he was buying cleaning cartridges and ink, cleaning cartridges and ink, cleaning cartridges and ink ....Flushed the system, soaked, re-charged the inked...several times.
It only got worse.
He finally gave up and spent the money on a head.

Get Lucky

Yes, that is what I am thinking too. I just have to wait a bit to see if I can find the software and do it my self or if I am going to have to pay $175/hr and have a tec come out and do it again.

GetTarps

Epson s30670 problems

I'm just out of warranty and having trouble with M2 clogged. Epson has replaced the head 3 times and just about everything else. I've printed very little since I but it 1.5 years ago. Piece of crap! Decision One is even worse!!!

greysquirrel

I think its damper related...the pachaging for Epson dampers offers no protection to the film and actually allows dirt inside...
try running only light cleanings as well...I thing the longer periods of suction are ruining already fragile dampers...

Get Lucky

Mine is not an ink Issue it is a head issue. The head gets to hot or something and just stops printing the M2.

Cyan could be an ink issue. According to Epson Magenta was never an issue.

I can say that as soon as my printer is paid off it will be sold or traded in a something different.

Get Lucky

I would swap it my self but I haven't found the service program for the 30670 yet only found the one for Europe so far.

I can make due with the problem right now.

I can print 10ft of material and wait an hour and then print another ten feet and it seems to work. It really only drops out at the 18-25ft mark. Most of my section that I print are right at 10ft and I can deal with that.

When it completely fails I will get it replace until then I am hoping that the price comes down some.

Snydo

When it completely fails I will get it replace until then I am hoping that the price comes down some.

It is very unlikely they will come down in price. I feel your pain, I like these printers a lot when they are fully functional. I do agree however that D1 techs seem to lack troubleshooting skills.

Check the inside of your ink bay in the back and see if you see any ink contamination at all on magenta.

We had to pay for a printhead earlier this year, M2 would fail...usually immediately...I told the tech that head had never, ever had a single missing nozzle on test prints and it printed absolutely perfectly until the day M2 started dropping out, couple days later M1 would go out at times also. Long story short they changed the head, then 2 weeks later the same thing.....they changed the head again, along with a new ink bay. The old ink bay had a miniscule leak on the Magenta channel, probably a bad o-ring. So we paid 3k plus for a $400 ink bay. Wish I could prove it. D1 said call Epson, Epson said pound sand.

Going forward we will be selling at the end of warranty or keeping them under the service contract. Not worth the downtime to us. Good Luck.

Get Lucky

Well the time has finally come, then pennies are not saved. The print head completely failed. Down to only printing M1 & C1. What a pile of garbage it is. Two years only and the 4th print in it.

Tec says it is probably the print and dampener. I hope that fixes it.

a77

Sorry to hear that GetLucky.

I would say this printer is not worth keeping around without a service contract or warranty. They've replaced my heads about 6 times now, over a 2 year period.