• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Surecolor S70670 colors bleeding

gamefuel

Has anyone had an issue on the 70670 with some colors bleeding out? Its only when im using Avery MPI2923. I have tried cleaning the heads, Re aligning the heads, and switching to a generic Adhesive vinyl profile in Production house 11. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 0702141233.jpg
    0702141233.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 143

Dogvan

The picture looks fuzzy, so it's hard to tell how much bleeding is going on. But I'll take your word for it. Try reducing your head height in the material setup. When the head is higher the edges are not as crisp.

DougWestwood

Epson 30670

Hi There,

We have an Epson 30670 and it has some over spray problems, mostly in blue.
It will add a cloud of misted ink around the edge of a print. We have reduced it with cleaning, but not eliminated it.
So far, we have been able to trim off the spray cloud, but that won't always work.

Your problem seems to be more linear than ours. Looks like one or more of the heads aren't totally shutting off after releasing ink.
I'd say it was a dirty head striping across the material, but the lines are very uniform, not splotchy. That makes me think mechanical,
not physical (or whatever, hope you grasp my thought).

Please post back with results.
- Doug
Vancouver

a77

On our S30, it's static that causes this. Some stocks worse than others.

Have not had it for some months, but had it during the dry winter. Solved it with humidifer / anti-static wires / bounce towels etc.. humidifier is the only thing that really works I think.

Considered an ionizing bar from Meech (Model 976). With the controller came to about $1200. I think having a humid enough print room is as good of a solution.

gamefuel

Looks like the only place i get the lines is where the pinch rollers sit. Ive cleaned all of the rollers really good, and still get some lines at the center 3 rollers. I dont think i can pull them out to get them cleaned up better. For now we are just pushing those 3 rollers to the side so they don't touch the media.

Stevenelm

Question to go with this thread

I have the Epson S70670 and can't get rid of this on either side of the text. What is causing this? Static, mechanical?

Steve

Attachments

• Text bleeding.JPG
    Text bleeding.JPG
    147.3 KB · Views: 125