• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Surf Shop Vehicle wrap concept

Vehicle wrap concept proposal for surf shop. What do you think?

attachment.php

Attachments

• About-vehicle-wrap-BEHANCE.jpg
    About-vehicle-wrap-BEHANCE.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 142
  • instagram-surf.jpg
    instagram-surf.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 209

heyskull

I like the overall design.
But I am not too struck on the red/orange colour on the top part.
Also delete the "2015" as it looks like that is an after thought.

SC

Jillbeans

It has too much clutter, especially at the front fenders. I would lose all the surf boards.
Except those on the top of the vehicle.
Are those shark fins at the bottom? I would lose those too.
The orange is too red an orange to be using with sea-blue colors, you would be better off with an orangier/peachier tone.
The typography is dreadful, you might want to look into a more 1960s "surfer" alphabet like Hurry Up or Surfer Shop.
I prefer the Dan Antonelli 100% vector style, but if done right, photos would be OK. Yours are not too badly placed.
The wave part in the middle is effective as it takes your eye through the layout, but remember less is more. It's not a bad start.
Love....Jill

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Is this for real or are you just making this up ??

You mentioned earlier, that you're not working anywhere, so who would ask you to do this, if you have nothing ??

I'm not poking fun, but if this is just an exercise, let people know. If it's for real, how are you gonna cough this up ??

peavey123

I agree with most everything Jill mentioned. Removing the surfboards and shark fins would help. Mainly, because they don't lead your eye to any part of the design. They actually lead your eye away.

I would also add that making the "Barrel Surfboards" logo stand out more, by making the background behind the logo less busy. It seems where the logo is on either side, are at the most busy parts of the design.

You mentioned earlier, that you're not working anywhere, so who would ask you to do this, if you have nothing ??

I'm not poking fun, but if this is just an exercise, let people know. If it's for real, how are you gonna cough this up ??

Seems like it could be a spec piece, or maybe he's freelancing. What's it to you? It's a vehicle graphic design in a design thread. It's very relevant, whereas what you are on about is not. Another stellar post from the forum hall monitor Gino.

63Comet

Make sure you tell them with a roof wrap it needs to be removed before 4 years or it will cost at least 2 times the regular removal.

DirtyD

Maybe he's just designing and not producing...hmmm..Maybe..and maybe it's really none of your business if it's for real or just an excercise.

nikdoobs

I really like it. Yeah, its busy and sort of obnoxious but it works for a surf shop. I really like how you masked the image of the wave and let their heads pop out a bit. Very nice touch. I do agree with others that the 2015 just doesn't fit. Nice work. And as always, Gino has to be a jackass. Dude needs to get a life.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
It very much resembles a convulsion. An illegible and incomprehensible jumble.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Seems like it could be a spec piece, or maybe he's freelancing. What's it to you? It's a vehicle graphic design in a design thread. It's very relevant, whereas what you are on about is not. Another stellar post from the forum hall monitor Gino.

Maybe he's just designing and not producing...hmmm..Maybe..and maybe it's really none of your business if it's for real or just an excercise.

I really like it. Yeah, its busy and sort of obnoxious but it works for a surf shop. I really like how you masked the image of the wave and let their heads pop out a bit. Very nice touch. I do agree with others that the 2015 just doesn't fit. Nice work. And as always, Gino has to be a jackass. Dude needs to get a life.

So, you guys are in charge of how I post ?? I'm sorry I didn't run my questions by you, first. I had no idea you guys are in charge of the p!ss permits.

The day any of you have anything relevant to say about anything which is constructive or helpful on any level, is the day this place implodes.
Just maybe, wouldn't it be nice if we knew if this was an exercise piece or not ?? Then it would be worth discussing or critiquing. However, with your attitudes, I guess the OP's doomed as none of ya had nothing to say good or bad. Y'all just flowed with the first poster and had NO new ideas, critiques or helpful anything. Nothing but your usual pathetic near-sighted observations and usual nothingness.

You three
attachment.php
are a real ASSet for this place, huh ??​

Attachments

• 3 boobs on a log.jpg
    3 boobs on a log.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 135

nikdoobs

Gino, do this entire web forum a favor and find the nearest trash compactor, push the start button, and move your old, miserable *** inside of it as quickly as possible.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Gino, do this entire web forum a favor and find the nearest trash compactor, push the start button, and move your old, miserable *** inside of it as quickly as possible.

After much consideration I looked at the van again and realize I like it. It has a lot going for it. Now, having said that, I am going shopping at the Dollar Store for that life that Nikanoobs purchased there. It probably is in the back right next to the cheap sarcasm he also purchased there.

See ya soon.................. :peace!:

DirtyD

I am going shopping at the Dollar Store for that life that Nikanoobs purchased there. It probably is in the back right next to the cheap sarcasm he also purchased there.

That was funny, but I actually help people quite often when I can, unlike you. Your always negative about something. Even if this is just a concept piece, it's in a design thread meant for review and critique, not some old has-been asking how he plans on producing it.

Did my comment have anything to do with his post? No, it did not, but neither did yours. But I forgot you are the only "real" sign professional around.

After much consideration I looked at the van again and realize I like it. It has a lot going for it. Now, having said that, I am going shopping at the Dollar Store for that life that Nikanoobs purchased there. It probably is in the back right next to the cheap sarcasm he also purchased there.

Gino, Gino, Gino........Well im glad you came around to the design. I surf about 2-3 times a week and stop by local surf shops probably once a week. If you know anything about the surf community its very localized. There are plenty of great shapers but most people dont know about them because there such small operations. I spoke with a shop owner and told him if he wraps his vehicle and drops it off at local surf beach it would definitely increase his foot traffic and exposure. Because I enjoy surfing so much and want to promote local hand shapers I told him I would make a moch-up proposal for free. And just to let you know this is a print ready file at full resolution.

BTW Ill be posting plenty more designs(both as experimental and real). I think this forum can benefit from other design perspectives. And Gino, if you need some help designing a wrap for a client..... Im only a keyboard away.

I have seen these wraps before and think there are great designs. They are good at what they do and the style is very distinct and recognizable. However they have a very cartoony and illustrator style. Not everyone wants a playfull cartoon on there company cars. Besides the cartoon itself the layout is nice and professional(clean). I have stated this before, stop thinking about a vehicle wrap as a SIGN, but instead a package. If you want real inspiration go to pinterest and type in "Package Design". If you notice, there arnt a bunch of cartoon packages.... instead some very thought out modern designs. Now I know that not every customer understands good design and are not willing to pay for it,,,,, but I would strive to keep working on producing and practicing good design techniques. In this business the one thing that separates you from the competition is DESIGN.

Zac

Mediocre Designer
Gino's a realist and I took nothing negative from his comment. But name calling contributing members is just idiotic, regardless of how grumpy Gino is after he's had his coffee.

That being said, I like the design, and the surfboards, but the shark fins clutter it up, and a brighter orange would really set it off. (think Ford's Gulf Racing colors)

Thanks for the input. Ya I agree get rid of 2015, Im not sure what I was thinking to add that in. All of the surfboards do clutter it up a bit and would be better with less of them. The reddish orange is used in his shop however I might be slightly different shade. Probably going to have to throw out those shark fins and put a phone number or website at the bottom and move/remove some wording.

CMYKprnt

Vehicle wrap concept proposal for surf shop. What do you think?

The purpose of the wrap is to get brand exposure. To me, the company name is an afterthought in the design. The name should be prominent and stand out above all else. IMO in its current form, I would reject. Also - This guy is a shaper and its purpose it to sell boards. Show off the product rather than images of a guy in the tube. I want to see the variety of surfboard shapes. I would make the NAME and PRODUCTS the focus, then try to enhance with graphics

rossmosh

My honest opinion is it's poorly branded/WAY too busy. Wraps are supposed to be effective while the vehicle is parked and when you or it is in motion. If I can't figure out the company's name, then how effective is the wrap?