• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Surfboard wrap

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
The wrap is the least impressive part of the video:

My dad was involved in the manufacture of the gas-powered, aluminum/ fiberglass hull types in the mid 60's
He would bring home leftovers of the 2 part expanding foam they used to fill the unused spaces inside the shell to make them unsinkable. He'd let us pour the catalyst into the base and we'd run as the foam expanded up out of the container onto everything. Hadn't thought about them in decades......

• Agree
Reactions: Bly

Ready

Ready To Go
The wrap is the least impressive part of the video:

My dad was involved in the manufacture of the gas-powered, aluminum/ fiberglass hull types in the mid 60's
He would bring home leftovers of the 2 part expanding foam they used to fill the unused spaces inside the shell to make them unsinkable. He'd let us pour the catalyst into the base and we'd run as the foam expanded up out of the container onto everything. Hadn't thought about them in decades......

Hello... those surfboards your Dad worked... were they orange in color and out of New Jersey? I was in San Juan at the time and met a couple from NY that started a watersports business featuring those Jet Boards.

It's a rather long story, and I joined them in their adventure (Hans & Paulette), and even loaned them money to help support their effort.

Thanks... Bob P

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Hello... those surfboards your Dad worked... were they orange in color and out of New Jersey? I was in San Juan at the time and met a couple from NY that started a watersports business featuring those Jet Boards.

It's a rather long story, and I joined them in their adventure (Hans & Paulette), and even loaned them money to help support their effort.

Thanks... Bob P
I think we were in California at the time and I don't remember what color they came in but do remember the circle hatch exposing the engine like this:
150px-Jetboard.jpg