Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Surfboard wrap

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by GAC05, Oct 11, 2020.

1. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    The wrap is the least impressive part of the video:

My dad was involved in the manufacture of the gas-powered, aluminum/ fiberglass hull types in the mid 60's
    He would bring home leftovers of the 2 part expanding foam they used to fill the unused spaces inside the shell to make them unsinkable. He'd let us pour the catalyst into the base and we'd run as the foam expanded up out of the container onto everything. Hadn't thought about them in decades......

Tags:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Johnny Best

Johnny Best Very Active Member

Dec 9, 2015
    buffalo ny
    Another GG (GuamGem) video, thanks.

3. asapsignsfl1

asapsignsfl1 Member

Aug 4, 2014
    Clearwater, Florida
    Hello... those surfboards your Dad worked... were they orange in color and out of New Jersey? I was in San Juan at the time and met a couple from NY that started a watersports business featuring those Jet Boards.

It's a rather long story, and I joined them in their adventure (Hans & Paulette), and even loaned them money to help support their effort.

Thanks... Bob P

4. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    I think we were in California at the time and I don't remember what color they came in but do remember the circle hatch exposing the engine like this:
    150px-Jetboard.jpg