• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Surge Protector for Roland SC-540

Superior7

[h=2]Looking to replace the surge protector on our Roland SC-540. The one previously being used was an APC 550 Battery Backup. It was a previous co-worker who made the decision to use this brand and I'm trying to figure out if this is what I should continue to use or if other users would recommend something different. Brand suggestions would be welcome as well as the correct voltage I should be looking for.[/h]

TIA​

SignBurst PCs

I am not certain about the voltage, but APC is a major manufacturer of UPS (Battery Backups). I would err on the high side and get a large than required UPS. All things considered, a 1250 VA UPS is fairly inexpensive compared to printer repair and/or media loss due to power outages.

In my opinion, it is a great decision to have a quality UPS between the wall and any electronic device.

El Barto

I believe I used the same APC 540. If you only plug the printer into it and not the heater then it'll provide plenty of backup time. In our case more than the UPS powering the computer. If the power goes out pause the printer and it only needs juice to maintain the data buffer.