• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Surveillance Sign <O><O>

functionpdx

These signs are going on a light brown wall and are only 8"X12" so I'm trying to get the most out of the size. I know this is as basic as it gets but something just seems weird to me, can I get an opinion on what's wrong.

Attachments

• BUVS.jpg
    BUVS.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 142

Craig Sjoquist

very poor layout, that's why your eyes say it's weird

use lower case more like this & smaller, plus raise it up off bottom
.. ..Building
..Under Video
SURVEILLANCE

get it away from edges more

read Mike Stevens Mastering Layout and you would not have to ask no offence intented

Jillbeans

It's all kind of close to the edges.
It does look better with the camera facing in.
I would lose the black outlines and make a horizontal black panel the whole way behind the camera and put WARNING in it in white.
Love....Jill

SignManiac

Keep it simple and think outside the box if you have a printer or access to one.
This is a very simple sign I designed and it makes the point in as few words as possible.
Notice the intentional reversal of the name, this is to fool the would be thieves. While they stand there trying to figure out what it says the police have greater time to respond and catch the idiots.

Attachments

• Zephyrhills Recycling-Surveillance-2.jpg
    Zephyrhills Recycling-Surveillance-2.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 111

Marlene

do you need the graphic? just the wording seems to be enough and it will read better than the offset "warning"

Jillbeans

Best I can do, the triangle would be the video cam pic.
I don't like the offset "WARNING" either but when I tried it in another font I still didn't like it. Maybe it would be better without it.

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 123

jiarby

Try to make the layout look like a NORMAL warning sign, people will at a glance recognize it as a warning sign if it uses that type of format.

These were some i did last month....

Attachments

• danger.jpg
    danger.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 128

jfiscus

Rap Master
here is one we made recently, around here we have to be bi-lingual with our warnings...

Attachments

• Surveillance.jpg
    Surveillance.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 101