• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Surveillance to Signage

visimp

I'm not a newbie to signage but I am a recent return. I've started up a surveillance system installation venture (Straightline Surveillance) and found it profitable enough to finance my return to one of the most enjoyable ventures: signage. My wife and I were in business 8 years ago in Oklahoma and I thoroughly enjoyed making our clients very happy whether it was medical equipment delivery vans, chicken delivery 18 wheelers, or race cars for the local tracks. MAN! That was FUN! And now, I'm in business in Louisville, GA (about 1 hour south of Augusta) and I'm catching up on the latest technology and latest scoop.
This forum is just the tool for that and I appreciate all of y'alls input (yep, sorry, southerner by birth).
So . . . I'd like to get a CAMM-1 Pro CX-300 but I've heard a few of you recommend other vinyl cutters. If you have time to post a real world experience which highlites the benefits of another cutter, I would be glad to heed your advice. I had the Roland 24" cutter years ago and it always worked fine, if I kept the blades changed pretty regular.
I look forward to keeping up with this forum and sharing 'success' stories myself. Glad to be part of the family again! Keep it tight!!!! and no bubbles

H

HSG

Good Luck and success with your 2nd buisness. I wasn't happy with my Roland. It was terrible on long runs. If you don't plan on doing long graphics it should be ok. I bought an Ioline last year. The sales rep from Grimco told me it would cut 1/8" letters. It does not. That is the only gripe I had about the machine. Other than that, it is a great machine. No problems and it will do long runs.

HSG

Driving Force

Welcome!

I have a few different plotters so I can give you my opinions on a couple of different ones. Roland- to slow and not as good as I think it should be. graphtec- great plotters, never had any problems and very fast. Ioline- good overall workhorse, I wouldnt try little stuff with it though. Mimaki- I just got one and my first impression is not that favorable. I dont think its very user friendly. And Last Summa- I recently purchased a s-class tangental. I love that machine!! Not only is it fast, it cuts like no other. The tangental feature is unbelievable for small letters. I also like the way it tracks as we regularly cut 10-15 ft graphics.
I would definately recommend Summa, and graphtec is a close second.

visimp

Thanks for the info Driving Force! I will check into Summa. I've heard good things about Summa in the past too.

OldPaint

the roland you had ......was not a CM-300.....totally different machine from CM/CX/24. this is the top of the roland line...hench its called PRO line machines. i have 2 PNC-1100, hada PNC-1000 and if i was to buy a new cutter....i would do roland pro or suma.....both will cut right from corel.......