• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Surveys

Kevin-shopVOX

Just curious if anyone uses surveys within their business? Specifically related to customer feedback based on your products, services and their experiences during the purchasing process.

I know it is easy to assume that if they pay and leave and you don't hear back that they were generally satisfied. However, how many of us take the time to either call or use an elecronic survey and ask specific questions about their experience to get feedback on how to improve or gauge satisfaction.

I know personally I'd be more interested in hearing the negatives from a customer so that I'd be able to improve the experience for the next customer or keep the one that might not be so happy coming back.

Looking forward to some opinions and thoughts.

rfulford

I heard this a while back but I forgot who said it. Ill paraphrase, " There is only one question that matters and that is "Would you recommend this company to others?"". His point was that surveys in general were irritating and that most people who filled them out where already irritated if the survey was voluntary or became irritated if a survey was too long.

Kevin-shopVOX

I heard this a while back but I forgot who said it. Ill paraphrase, " There is only one question that matters and that is "Would you recommend this company to others?"". His point was that surveys in general were irritating and that most people who filled them out where already irritated if the survey was voluntary or became irritated if a survey was too long.

Hmmm...I don't disagree that its a critical bit of info to know but I'd hardly say its the only one that matters. That simple yes or no response generated by the question of "Would you refer this company to others?" has reasons why they would or wouldn't right? I'd think it'd be important to know the answers to the questions that lead up to that decision so you can address them to get a yes every time.

I completely agree that a survey needs to be quick and to the point. In today's socially driven world where everyone shares things with friends, family and strangers, I'd think they'd be more than willing to share unbiased feedback with the companies they do business with. You just have to ask.

Si Allen

I get a few calls every week asking me to participate in a survey ... it usually goes something like this:

"Survey? How much are you going to pay me?"

"We don't pay people to do it."

"Are you getting paid to do this job?"

"Well ... yes."

"And you expect me to stop work and do this for free?"

"Well ... yes."

"F*** off and have a nice day!"

* click*

:frustrated:

Kevin-shopVOX

I get a few calls every week asking me to participate in a survey ... it usually goes something like this:

"Survey? How much are you going to pay me?"

"We don't pay people to do it."

"Are you getting paid to do this job?"

"Well ... yes."

"And you expect me to stop work and do this for free?"

"Well ... yes."

"F*** off and have a nice day!"

* click*

LOL...I was thinking a little more towards your customers and business but at least I now know what to say when I get those kind of surveys.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
i get a few calls every week asking me to participate in a survey ... It usually goes something like this:

"survey? How much are you going to pay me?"

"we don't pay people to do it."

"are you getting paid to do this job?"

"well ... Yes."

"and you expect me to stop work and do this for free?"

"well ... Yes."

"f*** off and have a nice day!"

* click*

:roflmao:

I keep meaning to use them. I currently just send an email to a few random clients from time to time to try and get a better idea of how we're doing. I try to work it into the conversation. They can be useful, but I do worry it will just irritate one of our busy customers.