Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swapping Changing Cold Roll Laminator Rollers- Drytac Laminator Video

Discussion in 'Videos' started by Jburns, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Jburns

Jburns Active Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Denver
    Hello,

So I swapped my laminator rollers this last week on my Drytac unit. Runs like new- the Upper roller had a cut on it- so I put it on the bottom, and the lower on the top.

After the swap - its like a new machine. If interested, here is a short video I made. Hope this helps someone save some money and extend the life of their laminator.

Careful- the solid silicon rollers are heavy.

[video=youtube;Z-Y2eKkirjk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-Y2eKkirjk&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Tags:
  2. derekw13029

derekw13029 Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Oklahoma
    Cool! We have the same issue, a couple cuts in our top roller.

However, apparently the diameters of the rolls on our jet mounter aren't the same size. We called a tech at Drytac to ask about this exact thing, and they told us it wouldn't work. Maybe it's a model difference, but I wasn't sure if I believed him.....

We just used a little very fine sand paper to smooth out the cuts. So far so good. Might be willing to give this a try, seemed to work fine for you!

3. Jburns

Jburns Active Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Denver
    thanks- yeah its pretty straight forward. Both roller had same shafts. - definitely worth a shot!