Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swapping ink out

Discussion in 'Roland' started by DizzyMarkus, Nov 7, 2012.

1. DizzyMarkus

DizzyMarkus Active Member

Jan 23, 2012
    SP-300V -- I was running a banner and ran out of 3MG... shut the machine down and went home, ordered ink which got here today -- then installed it. I now have all 4 lights flashing like they were all empty . I can't do anything witht he machine as its stuck like this -- sorry this is my first cartridge change and I think its because I shut the machine down without replacing it then and there. Any input is greatly appreciated as Im stuck with jobs mounting :0(

thank you ,
    Markus

Tags:
  2. DizzyMarkus

Jan 23, 2012
    Any suggestions please? I dont want it to sit to long like this. I will call a tech if needed, it just seems like a waste for something small -- but I am not even sure if it is a small deal or not lol

thanks folks,
    Markus

3. Lobo

Lobo Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Sweden
    Pull the cartridges and plug them in again, while the power is on. Might screw with reported levels, but at least you'll be printing again.

4. Salmoneye

Salmoneye Very Active Member

Oct 22, 2009
    That is what I would try as well. We keep a full set of everything on the shelf and reorder sets the minute we install one so that we always have a min of one set on the shelf.

5. Robert M

Robert M Very Active Member

Jan 23, 2007
    colorado
    inks

Running OEM inks?

6. Andrew O

Andrew O Merchant Member

Jan 16, 2009
    Irvine, CA
    Give tech support a call (800) 542-2307. Support is always free for printers, and they will either be able to solve the problem over the phone, or let you know if you need a tech.

7. DizzyMarkus

Jan 23, 2012
    Lobo:
    thought I had done that lastnight -- apparently I hadn't as this seem to have worked -- the black was giving me issues. It was almost empty but not fully. The levels say full but replacements are in route -- lesson learned :0)

Thank you all for all your suggestions -- I learned a valueable lesson on this one :0)

Markus

8. DizzyMarkus

Jan 23, 2012
    sorry ---- YES Robert OEM EcoSol MAx inks :0)

Markus

9. asd

asd Member

Aug 13, 2007
    colorado
    when ever you get all ligths flashing all you need to do is pullout and reinsert the cartridges one by one with the machine power on, and it will take care of that problem

10. DizzyMarkus

Jan 23, 2012
    that it did ASD

thank you,
    Markus