• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Swapping yellow and black heads possible?

mac_man_luke

Hello all

We have a Roland RS640 which is about 5 years old

The black head is in pretty poor condition (mostly deflected nozzles) but the other 3 heads are fine.

We are replacing it with an XR640 in the next few weeks but need to make it last without spending to many $$ on the old machine

I was thinking of swapping the black and yellow heads as banding from yellow will be much less noticeable and we have a 100m of black coverage to print.

Thinking it wouldn't take much to clean the heads up?

thanks
Luke

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Perform at your own risk.

Yes DX4 printheads are swappable. I would take out both printheads, use a clean or new solvent proof syringe to push the ink out with air, use cleaning solution to flush the head again - very gently. Do this to both printhead. Go ahead and install both printheads back to the printer. Make sure caps and dampers are in good condition. Proceed with 1-2 normal cleans. You are good to go.

www.premiercolour.com

mac_man_luke

worked perfectly, few hours work and not much than a bit of wasted ink.

Yellow head hides the bad head very well, hardly noticeable.