• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Swatches and sample prints?

blackicefx

I noticed in a Roland pdf informational that you can print out swatches, sticker swatches, and other color charts on each media you use for color matching assistance. I have no idea how to print these or where to find them. Any help?

Thanks,
Matthew
BlackIceFX

signwizz

chart

its in versa works go to media then colour selector then click whats on the screen and you will have the roland charts
shane

Be sure to change your "default" to what profile you wish to have the chart(s) printed as the Versaworks can only use what the default settings are set to. (go to Edit que A or B to change default). You do not want to print your chart with the "generic" profile - choose the correct profile to achieve the best results. You can also print/cut the color swatch to have your customer sign off on that specific color - saves your butt, and time.

is this a representative from Pacific Coast Paint/Sign Supply? if so welcome to the forum. You should take a moment and start a thread to introduce yourself. You have some very loyal customers on this site and a great reputation that i can say firsthand you have earned. I sincerely miss having a local supplier as great as you guys.

blackicefx

Holy crap, I didn't realize it would be 22 pages....

So basically, I print out the pack of color charts on each of my medias to use as reference/color tools?

Matthew
BlackIceFX

Thank you, DanStriker, for the nice words. Yes, I'm one of the Certified Roland Tech's (and Sales) we have at our Portland Oregon office. We're just the "little guys" on the block...but we help the best we can...an old thing called "service". Hope not to step on any toes.... or put my foot too far in my mouth! Ha I'll post an intro on the thread.(thanks)

Hi Blackice - Yes, its a good size print, but remember you will be cutting it on the dotted lines to make a "pantone" type color wheel. You will need one for each media you need...glossy and matte vinyls, photo paper, and maybe reflective may be a good start. Remember to set your new "default" profile BEFORE you load the file into Versaworks - otherwise it uses the last default profile (not what you want) so you may have to delete the file and reload it. The meda type, profile, and printer model will be listed on the first printed page. Good luck.

blackicefx

The first color chart I printed appears to have crop marks for page cuts and markings for a binder of some type? I'm assuming these are to be cut apart and assembled into books?

Matthew
BlackIceFX

B Snyder

The first color chart I printed appears to have crop marks for page cuts and markings for a binder of some type? I'm assuming these are to be cut apart and assembled into books?

Matthew
BlackIceFX

Yes, that is correct. IIRC, there should be marks for where you punch it to put in a three ring binder.