Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sweet shop logo

Discussion in 'Logo Design' started by Rob_maxgrafix, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Rob_maxgrafix

Rob_maxgrafix Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Working on a logo design for a local sweet shop. Anything and everything you can imagine that has sugar in it, they make it. the name is Chocolate Carousel, and they didn't have much of anything in the way of a "logo", just some lettering on an illuminated box sign out front of their store. So I've been working on something they can be identified with but keeping it simple. So, I ended up with the first design. After speaking with them more, they said they want to emphasize their wedding cakes, and that that is the main part of their income. Now going a different route, trying to make it a little more classy and elegant. I had to have chocolate brown and strawberry pink in there as per their request. the second is where im at now

comments/critiques welcome

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. AbsoluteAirbrush

AbsoluteAirbrush New Member

Jun 18, 2012
    I personally, would combine the two... make a design around the horse instead of just a box and put the lettering from the second one in there. I like both of them though.

Nice work! Alan

3. ironchef

ironchef Very Active Member

May 1, 2012
    Miami, FL
    Nice job. I like the cake one. But there's no reference to the theme of the name. Also the font is barely legible. Get a more simple script font

4. Jillbeans

Jillbeans Major Contributor

Dec 24, 2003
    Butler, PA
    I love the font on #2.
    I'd type out S W E E T S H O P in a font like LHFEssendine or LHFSteven's Percepta Modified or Signfonts Sign Gothic and not put it in a panel.
    I'd make a different cake graphic with a stylized chocolate carousel horse as the topper?
    Love...Jill

5. Circleville Signs

Circleville Signs Very Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Circleville, OH
    Why not try to turn the cake into a multi-leveled carousel?

6. ironchef

ironchef Very Active Member

May 1, 2012
    Miami, FL
    What he said!

7. insigniagraphics

insigniagraphics New Member

Mar 7, 2012
    valrico, fl
    ditto~~

8. WCSign

WCSign Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Bay Area

agreed, I was gonna say put the horse and other carousel themed things along the sides of the cake

both look good though

9. deane

deane Member

Feb 5, 2007
    Aledo, Illinois
    I also like the font on #2, but I would shorten the cross on the t so it doesn't go through the C because on first glance I see an E. I hope that makes sense.

10. S'N'S

S'N'S Active Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Australia
    What if they loose the "shop" everyone knows its a shop and have Sweets & Wedding cakes.

11. Brad Knight

Brad Knight Member

Jun 7, 2012
    I think that the shape of a cake and the shape of a carousel screams to be pulled together.

BUT - I like the contrast in the browns and pinks in the lettering. The fonts might be tweaked a little, but the contrast is good and overall I like that. I don't know if it's the way it's exported or not, not I think a little more white space around the sides would look a little better - a little less crowded at the edges.

12. visual800

visual800 Very Active Member

Aug 4, 2010
    montgomery, alabama
    I love the 2nd one leave it alone

13. DizzyMarkus

DizzyMarkus Active Member

Jan 23, 2012
    slide the horse in the second layer of the cake
    :0)
    or transparent behind the cake :0)

Markus

14. Rob_maxgrafix

Rob_maxgrafix Member

Dec 24, 2011
    So I got up from my desk and walked across the room and just stared at it from farther away, the script font needed to be less "busy" so I went with LHF flamingo script, and essedine in the panel. the customer loved the cake, so I think Ill leave that one alone, but I did like the feedback about making a carousel cake. that was the next step if they weren't crazy about it.

The work cakery is something they are trying to coin, and make the next big thing in the bakery world. idk.

Attached Files:

15. wildside

wildside Very Active Member

Aug 28, 2005
    Kansas
    cakery really? at least they aren't gonna try "cakeage" :ROFLMAO:

we could all change "signage" to "signery":Big Laugh