• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

swiss 721 hv bt

gabagoo

I have a lot of Swiss fonts but I dont have the hv on the TTF font description.
I have searched for it through google but have seen different versions of the same helvetica font.
I just need verification of just which swiss font this is, I see it as a condensed version but also as an extended version. Anybody know for sure which one is being asked for by that description

Signmart

yeah I use that font all the time. I have it as Swis721 HV BT. Not sure if the extra s would give you problems but I've had this font forever. not even sure where i got it but i think it's a standard for Corel.

Shovelhead

Close enough for a layman not to know the difference.

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 193

gabagoo

yeah I use that font all the time. I have it as Swis721 HV BT. Not sure if the extra s would give you problems but I've had this font forever. not even sure where i got it but i think it's a standard for Corel.

I see shovels but his does not have the bt... can you show me how yours looks.

I have to make stencils for a painting company who does city owned parking garages and if I get it wrong he wont know until it is to late.

Shovelhead

I see shovels but his does not have the bt... can you show me how yours looks.

I have to make stencils for a painting company who does city owned parking garages and if I get it wrong he wont know until it is to late.

BT= Bitstream

My sample is BT

gabagoo

OK Thanks.... I saw the architectural drawings on these and allthough they described the fonts in this manner I was pretty sure they looked like hel bold extended and there was another one that was hel bold condensed so before I set these up and cut stencils I better be sure of what this designer wants.

another concern I have with the font I have is that if I punch in B1 at 10"...the "B" is slightly larger than the "1" and wonder if the font is flawed. I have used Helvetica fonts for years and never noticed any dicrepencies on sizes between alphabets and numbers before.
What you think?

Shovelhead

OK Thanks.... I saw the architectural drawings on these and allthough they described the fonts in this manner I was pretty sure they looked like hel bold extended and there was another one that was hel bold condensed so before I set these up and cut stencils I better be sure of what this designer wants.

There's an oxymoron.