• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Swiss Q impala color question

Christian @ 2CT Media

I don't own a SwissQ but have examined them and work with shops that do. I can reach out to them to find out who could run test prints, I can also reach out to our sales rep to see if he has insights in to who can print these samples.

Nate1n22

We get very "dull" looking colors on our Trufire's. They say it's Caldera.. Our 9 other printers don't have that issue with Caldera

ProColorGraphics

We get very "dull" looking colors on our Trufire's. They say it's Caldera.. Our 9 other printers don't have that issue with Caldera
That's odd. My V7000 works great with Caldera. I did tests with the Epson rip, Onyx and Caldera. I thought Caldera had the best colors of the 3.

Nate1n22

That's odd. My V7000 works great with Caldera. I did tests with the Epson rip, Onyx and Caldera. I thought Caldera had the best colors of the 3.
Yeah, we have Vuteks, Roland, Matans, EFI and Fuji machines that print very nice. We do our own profiling in house. But the Trufire? Red's always look orange unless you print 400 or 500 density. Digitech says it's a Caldera issue and they get better colors out of Onyx. Just seems crazy to me

nate

I've always understood that you lose color the more you increase adhesion on UV inks. They are pretty proud of how well their ink sticks (which they do stick well) so I've always assumed that that came at a smaller color gamut. Also when I first looked at a TruFire, they weren't hot on Caldera's implementation yet (this was when the first TruFire prototype was made). However when I actually purchased a year later Caldera was king to them since they had been able to make the best driver with them. So maybe someone is remembering the old days when they say it's Caldera?

Nate1n22

Try a free trial of onyx?
I want to try this soon. I have had pictures sent to me from Digitech of reds out of Caldera vs Onyx. Onyx was a better red
I've always understood that you lose color the more you increase adhesion on UV inks. They are pretty proud of how well their ink sticks (which they do stick well) so I've always assumed that that came at a smaller color gamut. Also when I first looked at a TruFire, they weren't hot on Caldera's implementation yet (this was when the first TruFire prototype was made). However when I actually purchased a year later Caldera was king to them since they had been able to make the best driver with them. So maybe someone is remembering the old days when they say it's Caldera?
Yeah, we experienced that with our Acuity about 10 years ago. Changed to a higher adhesion ink and lost some gamut but it was still very good. I have a text message from Mike Adams at Correct Color from May 23 coming to the same conclusion.

Do you have a Trufire?

netsol

I want to try this soon. I have had pictures sent to me from Digitech of reds out of Caldera vs Onyx. Onyx was a better red

Yeah, we experienced that with our Acuity about 10 years ago. Changed to a higher adhesion ink and lost some gamut but it was still very good. I have a text message from Mike Adams at Correct Color from May 23 coming to the same conclusion.

Do you have a Trufire?
WOULDN'T YOU THINK the rip would not limit the saturation, intensity or whatever of the colors?

SE SignSupply

Do you have a Trufire?

If you want to try Onyx, I have a profile we wrote that has a good red. Happy to set you up with a trial and send you our profile. (LTx2). Shoot me a PM if interested.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
If they just created basic profile and used default settings, by default Onyx will make a slightly more "saturated" profile but Caldera is set for "default" = more accurate colours.

If the person making the profile does know it that's how it will come out. You can also choose "saturation" on Caldera before building the ICC.

I guess that could be one thing to make the difference.

Last edited:

nate

Do you have a Trufire?
Yep. One of the first.