• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Switch from Quadra-K ink to regular dye in FJ-540

TripleRock

Hello, I recently bought a used Roland FJ-540 (I've always had HP's before) and it has all regular Roland brand dye ink in it, except for the black which has "Aspect Quadra-K high density black ink for separation positives" in it.

Well, it ran out of black ink after about a 1/2 of a small print and is asking for a new #7 cartridge. I bought 2 new Roland brand dye inks to match the other colors and now I am wondering,.... is there anything special that I have to do before putting the new cartridges in it? Do I have to do anything like clean out the old Quadra-K ink before putting regular dye in it?

I appreciate any help or advise you can give me. Thanks!!! Miked.

Last edited:

TripleRock

After lots of digging it seems that Quadra-K ink is just a type of dye ink... I went ahead and installed the two new dye print cartridges and it is printing ok. nothing goofy happened.... I got all worried over nothing.

rockz12

Specializing in the strange and unusual
Quadra K is just a denser black ink. Do a few cleanings to push it out of the lines.

TripleRock

thank you very much for the reply! I'll definitely do that. You wouldn't happen to know where I can buy a FJ-540 cleaning kit from would you? I've been trying all sorts of google searches and can't find anything. I'll keep searching.... thanks again!

TripleRock

I think I'll give the local Roland dealer a call tomorrow... if they don't have anything I can swing by and just pick up, i'll give Nazdar a call. Thank you very much again for your help. Mike.