• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Switch to use white ink

WestbankKurt

Ok so they want to print white on the CJV30-160. I tell them that it involves flushing the ink line and actually buying the white ink cartridge. I am trying to find this procedure in the manual but no luck. Can anyone help me? Artbot? Anyone? Hello? Is this mic on?

MikePro

firmware/software upgrade is also required, unless you're trying to just rig it temporarily by running white through your black line and setting print values manually. this would also require you to swap the chips, as your printer wouldn't simply allow you to insert a white cartridge and go. you'll essentially need to trick it, unless you redefine its parameters via updated software.

also, when white ink is inside of the printer, it requires increased cycle times or the ink settles and ruins the printhead/ink lines. which is resolved with software upgrade. i wouldn't suggest the "rigging it"-method unless you plan on flushing/filling/printing/flushing/resetting right away.