• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Switched from third party ink back to Roland now color is off

GRIMREAPER

Like title says, I've recently switched from third party inks back to Roland because the third party had issues. Black appears gray and the cyan and yellow are not even there. Any help would be appreciated. Also had replaced the manifold due to a broken nipple. Thanks. Unit is a SP-300V

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 149
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 151
Did you completely drain the lines and heads of ink before replacing with the new roland ink. To me it looks like clogged heads not printing correctly.

DRamm76

get yourself some Roland cleaning cartridges (Not anyone elses) and syringe the fluid through the lines and let it sit there overnight, then pull it through. Change dampers and cap tops, maybe even heads no matter what and do a head wash.

A Lot of people will say that's costly, but with all that people save on 3rd party ink it shouldnt be

Ragnabrok

Third party inks tend to dry up in the drain lines more than OEM inks. The ink lines up to the heads are clear, and if it looks like the ink is making it to at least there, then clogged lines or resin build up on the cap edges might be the issue. When running a medium clean on the machine, watch the drain bottle to see how much ink is making it in, it should be a few decent squirts. If not, dump some cleaning solution into the caps, or just replace them.

player

I have heard some 3rd party inks turn into jelly when they come in contact with Roland inks. That's why you should have cleaned everything out first.
Hopefully you can flush then with cleaning cartridges.

GRIMREAPER

Ok ordered the roland flush cartridges as well as caps and dampers and one manifold that had a crack on nipple that was barely on there. Will do full flush then replace everything and try new inks see how it turns out. Thanks all for the help.

GRIMREAPER

So today I swapped caps, manifolds, o- rings and dampers as well as run solvent and fill with Roland inks. I'm having an issue with the yellow and magenta not printing. I can pull though lines with a syringe. When it prints all I get is a faint gray and no color.

GRIMREAPER

Ok I found the issue with the colors not printing from right hand side head. F2 fuse was bad and has since been replaced. Everything is almost good with the exception of some printing that's a bit out of whack. Any suggestions? Here's a pic.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 133

GRIMREAPER

F2 fuse by the way is located on main circuit board behind the unit. Where the wall connection goes. Here's a pic.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 162
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 93