• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Switching failing magenta head with perfect Yellow

Got a Roland RS 640 with DX-4 heads...
The magenta is banding and isn't firing all nozzles...on the other hand the yellow is perfect..

I'm thinking swap the magenta with the yellow which would be less noticable...

of course flush both with fluid and change the head ranks and then align but anything that could go wrong with this plan?

I made the mistake of telling the boss this might work and save 600-800 bucks

HulkSmash

most heads have a ink reservoir in them with the color'd ink already preloaded. I'm not so sure you can refill that.

thanks for the reply colorado, I have actually taken the magenta head out a few times and soaked it and forced cleaning fluid through the nozzles where the dampers hook up..

I would get a month or so out of doing this..I think I could clean them to the point of being whatever color..

I guess deep down I know this would work but just need a little reassurance

signage

It should work fine, the only problem will be incorrect color until the inside of head is flushed with the new color!

MikePro

i've done this before, as well, on my JV3. same printheads. i swapped my yellow with an overspraying black, and made use out of it for another 6 months before finally giving-in and replacing with a new head.
just remember to write-down and swap the head ranks. they should already be saved in your printer (in case you accidentally wipe the head ranks off the manifold on the printhead while handling)

you still may run into issues with the misfiring yellow printhead. i.e. banding in greens/browns/blacks and of course, yellows. but definitely less-noticeable than a mis-firing magenta.

shame you can't simply swap the dampers and tell your printer the new location of the printheads (KYCM instead of KMCY, etc.). would make the job a LOT easier, but the printers just weren't designed that way.

HAH it worked!

Solid red!

and for Tim Turner see below

****Note I do not own or claim to own the rights to the photo below and is posted for informational and entertainment purposes only you can purchase this awesome graphic at****
http://yaymicro.com/vector/thumbs-up-kid/3121323

Attachments

• thumbs-up-kid-2088df2.jpg
    thumbs-up-kid-2088df2.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 68

CS-SignSupply-TT

YOU are a College Junior at 401 posts; yet, I have no ranking with 1,451 posts. It must be the difference between UNDER graduate and POST graduate...heh!heh!heh! BTW, you got any snow falling up your way?