• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Switching From Onyx to Caldera

Ditchmiester

We have decided to make the switch for our rip program. We want to be able to profile our materials easier and really like the work flow of Caldera offers. Any tips or tricks we should know of to get started. We are running it on a Mac Mini. Thanks.

milchad

If creating profiles is a must, invest in Easy Media and get something like an X-Rite i1iO to help you create the profiles. Easy Media Light will allow you to adjust the profile, but not create one from scratch. Also, if you print a lot of custom color builds, check out colorbooks. It has been a very useful tool when creating custom color matches.

nate

We have decided to make the switch for our rip program. We want to be able to profile our materials easier and really like the work flow of Caldera offers. Any tips or tricks we should know of to get started. We are running it on a Mac Mini. Thanks.

You've made a great choice. We ran Onyx with five machines for several years until we discovered Caldera. It was night and day. Never looked back.

Ditchmiester

Absolutely. We ran Onyx Thrive 11 on our 2 HP L26500 for about 2 years and then we started having some troubles and with it and I wanted to try something else so I downloaded the demo of Caldera and put it on a mac mini and oh my was there a huge difference. The other guy who runs the printers agreed on how much more streamlined printing was now. The only question I have is when you are in the composer and laying out multiple jobs to print at once is there a way to undo a move? also in that same composer layout is there a way to mirror a single item? Thanks,

AF

You should give Colorgate 9 a try. The workflow is the best. The newest version actually splits single file rips across all processor cores for the fastest rip speeds ever. It also is constantly updated to the most recent APPE rip from Adobe so it stays fresh and compatible with Adobe CC.

Colorgate has also been quick to implement user requested features.