• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

switching to Onyx rip

stealey

Hi
I'm currently running GMG as our rip software, i used onyx when i first started about 10 years ago but not used it in a long time, GMG is great as it has the designing tools a bit like Photoshop/illustrator, does onyx have any kind of designing software attached to it? our problem with gmg now is it costs a lot more to run, we have a durst uv flatbed, latex 570 and latex 1500 printers, would Onyx be able to handle all these printers? would caldera be better? our files normally come in with ticks and bleed attached, would onyx be able to crop to trim marks? can onyx see a cut file that has been attatched to an artwork or does it need to be saved in a certain way? can onyx nest files together and add cutter marks for our zund cutter? any help is appreciated

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
No, Onyx is a powerful RIP with options.
You need separate design software. eg Corel Draw...
Onyx Postershop is about a 1.2 gig download with 30 days full functionability. Try it.
I've not tried to plot to cropmarks- our latex printer and our plotter are different machines.
Nesting: yes, there's a job editor, in which you can add crop marks, eyelet marks etc, a layout editor, and the RIP.