• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Symbol Sign Version of this message

Cartoondude135

Good day, everybody!

I have a plan to make a picture or symbol sign version of the message below. This was an inspiration from the "international" versions of Disney CGI movies. For example, in Cars, the word "lightning", as in "Lightning McQueen" is omitted throughout most of the movie with a few exceptions in my copy of the disc. In Monsters Inc., the scare floor shows "CHILDREN SCARED" and "WARNING CONTAMINATION ALERT" in the states. But in other versions, it shows a crying child and a radiation circle with a human silhouette in the center of the circle.

warning sign.jpg

This is the message on a food truck seen in Volcano 1997. So... what would the picture or symbols be for "Propane Gas", "No Smoking", and "Danger"? I'm having a hard time seeking out the warning image versions or pictographs of these things.

Billct2

Search "icons" for those messages, there will be symbols for Propane, No Smoking and Danger

Last edited:

Cartoondude135

I see, because, for "danger", a skull and crossbones is more associated with pirates from my POV - I.E., the Jolly Roger, so... How do I say this? A skull and crossbones can lose it's original universal message to the future overtime. That's something I found out here: https://99percentinvisible.org/article/beyond-biohazard-danger-symbols-cant-last-forever/

But perfect! A propane tank and a no circle over a cigarette makes perfect sense for the first two!

JBurton

Signtologist
A skull and crossbones can lose it's original universal message to the future overtime.
Too true, but at the same time, human skull's aren't predicted to change for quite some time, so even after the collapse of one civilization, return to stone age, and while reinventing the wheel, the site of a skull, will likely still convey 'what is here will have ramifications that may include removing all the skin from your head', which I'd consider a fairly clear communication of 'danger'.
That or 'bones only'.