• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Symptoms of pump going bad on SP-300v?

GRIMREAPER

What are the symptoms of a pump going bad on a SP-300V? I have a problem that I syphon the ink out through the dampers and my machine will print fine for a few then ink fades and stops printing. Dampers, caps and wipers are all new and have just been installed and I'm wondering if it may be the pump. Thanks.

CS-SignSupply

If your prints are fading out of color during print, the cause usually lies within the damper(s) or printhead manifold (cracked and letting air into the system)

The pumps in the Roland machines now are very durable and long lasting. The Old style pumps with white tubing will wear out relatively fast.

What inks are in the machine and did you replace the dampers/captops with OEM or aftermarket parts?

GRIMREAPER

Well I just replaced the caps, dampers and wipers with OEM ones and problem is still there. The inks are Ecosol Max but at one point when it started failing it was on Solaris. Switched inks to factory Ecosol Max but to no avail.

CS-SignSupply

Your test print is good? and when printing, color drops out? Can you tell which color(s)?

Can you send me, or post here, a picture of your test print, captops and pump?

Ink starvation is a common issue with broken or fractured printhead manifold or faulty dampers.

About the only symptom of a bad pump I have seen is busted internal ink line and leaking. Or completely clogged lines.

anozira02

It is also possible that the clear tube on your capping station is clogged, also check the waste tube, if you do a cpl. of head cleaning and you see in coming out of waste tube, than the pump is ok..

GRIMREAPER

Did the check and ink is cocming out of the waste tube. Machine worked for about 18 days perfectly fine after syphoning from the pump area. It stopped printing today after the weekend of sitting but a quick syphon and it's pringing again. Just had a little color contamination in the yellow but did some solid color pringting and it's gone. I have no idea why it stops printing after some time onw it's own.

Robert M

Those pumps

Roland had a recall on those pumps back in the day, if you have the old style pump (has white tubes) it could be the problem. You can get a new pump and the adapter kit or just put a Mimaki JV3 pump in there. The Mimaki pump is better made and will last longer.

I sell them at www.solventinkjet.com if you need one